Fantasmic question

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
Who has been to Fantasmic at MGM and what are your thoughts? Just reserved dinner at Mama Melrose's to get prioroty seating.

Is it worth it and how is the food at Mama Melrose?

Thanks

Check out the fantasmic thread over on the restaurant boards
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292551

You should find what you're looking for there.

We did the dinner package at BD last year and I thought it was worth it. We were going to eat there anyway, so it worked out well for us.

Fantasmic itself is excellent and not to be missed IMO.

I LOVE Fantasmic. The dinner package makes it all so much easier.
Definitely worth it. Fantasmic is not to be missed.

We love Fantasmic - I like it better than Illuminations - Reflections of Earth. However, we never do the dinner package. We usually do a sit down lunch that day (Brown Derby) take in the park and about an hour before Fantasmic head for our seats to do a little people watching and eat a lite supper. We usually grab a baked potato and salad and eat it while waiting for the show - the time passes quickly. You don't say when you are going but last year we saw Fantasmic 3 times in one week and also saw the Candlelight Processional 4 times. On our last night we did Fantasmic and walked over to EPCOT to do the Candlelight Processional with no problem (first week of December). We also did the Osborn Lights after Fantasmic one night, unfortunately they aren't having them this year. Have fun, whatever you do!

Like Chipster, we bought portable snacks (turkey legs, hot dogs, ice cream, whatever) and carried them into the Fantasmic theater about an hour before showtime. We had excellent seats, enjoyed our food, and were entertained by the gathering crowd. Several youth groups were singing and dancing in their seats, and before long the crowd started doing the "wave." It was fun, the time passed quickly, and we didn't have to spring for an expensive dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter