Fantasmic Question

ChrystalUnicorn

Mouseketeer
Last year when we saw Fantasmic we had the dining packge this year we will have to stand in line.
I was wondering is it ok to have a member of our party hold the spot in line while the others site see or ride? Not saving seats inside. Fantasmic is showing every night of our stay. I have 3 kids with me ages 14, 11 and 8.
Is this ok or frowned upon? Don't want to upset anyone.
If the show starts at 8:30 what time should we line up?

I'm not sure that they will let you do that....the cast members may say something when your party joins you....I guess it just depends on where you are in line....

Once it fills up, they close it off. If you are on a ride when it reaches capacity, your party member will be inside and you will not be allowed in, even if you say your seats are saved. On a slow night if it doesn't reach capacity, you may be able to get away with it (albeit while annoying other guests) but even a moderately crowded day can cause Fantasmic to each capacity.

The "line" is about 10 to 15 feet wide and can hold pretty much hold an entire shows worth of people.

You are going to have to cut past a lot, like thousands, of guests to catch up with the rest of your group.

During our trip week of Aug 22 we arrived around 7:45 and seating had already started. There were no issues getting into the theater, parking a stroller, buying snacks, and getting seats. There was only one 8:30 show that evening.

We went from the last American Idol show over to Fantasmic, stopping for a bathroom break in between.

On your trip if you plan for arriving between 7:30 and 8 I expect you will do fine.

Last year when we saw Fantasmic we had the dining packge this year we will have to stand in line.
I was wondering is it ok to have a member of our party hold the spot in line while the others site see or ride? Not saving seats inside. Fantasmic is showing every night of our stay. I have 3 kids with me ages 14, 11 and 8.
Is this ok or frowned upon? Don't want to upset anyone.
If the show starts at 8:30 what time should we line up?

Nope, you can't do it. Your party must stay together if you plan to sit together. You can't save seats once you get inside because the CMs will ask you to move over. They will state over and over that the party must stay together in line.

So if the kids want to see Fantasmic, they are going to have to stay in line together with the rest of the family.

You CAN do it--- but the kids must be back in line with you BEFORE they start entering the stadium.

So, if it's an 8:30 show, and you want someone to start standing in line at 6, you can, and the rest can do something else, just make sure everyone is back before they open the gates, or you'll have problems as discussed by PP's. Problem is, they don't always open the gates at the same time.

Personally , I think it's rude an even if you CAN do it you shouldn't do it. It's no like the thousands of other people standing in line forever want to be in line instead of riding attractions or eating or whatever. If you want to see a show like fantasmic you either stand in line or do a VIP meal seating.

That being said I'm sure people will do it. The question is do you want to be one of "those" people...

You CAN do it--- but the kids must be back in line with you BEFORE they start entering the stadium.

So, if it's an 8:30 show, and you want someone to start standing in line at 6, you can, and the rest can do something else, just make sure everyone is back before they open the gates, or you'll have problems as discussed by PP's. Problem is, they don't always open the gates at the same time.

You are going to have to find your party in the mass of people. That's not always easy when it is dark.

OP, don't do this. CMs frown on it.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I think staying together is the best idea and showing up for the line around 7pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter