Fantasmic! pictures from premium viewing area

cyclenut

DIS Veteran
My DW and I had the opportunity to make reservations for the premium viewing area for Fantastmic! on 10/15.

Let me say that I was a bit skeptical that the $60 premium would be worth it, but I think we felt it really was. We had the 10:15 seating. I know this has probably been covered before, but for those just taking a look ... a few "tips".

They tell you to get there by 8:00 to choose your seat (regardless of which seating you have). We arrived at 7:45 and there was already a pretty long line. All the front row reserved seating were already taken by the time we got there, but we still did get center stage viewing. It was really nice to be able to skip all the waiting and jostleing for postion.

The desert tray was spectacular. DW could only eat about half and I didn't finish mine either. We didn't even have much of a dnner. The bad news is ... what to do with the leftovers. We left after F! so we just took it home and shared the leftovers the next day. YUM!

For those of you who have not seen the show and don't want any of the "surprises" spoiled for you. Don't look at the pictures.

For everyone else ... hope you enjoy them.

F! pictures taken with my Canon T2i using a 1.4 50mm lens.

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6217.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6304.jpg

Fantastic pictures! Glad you enjoyed it. I am considering this and am leaning towards this over an in room celebration. :goodvibes

Fantastic pictures! Glad you enjoyed it. I am considering this and am leaning towards this over an in room celebration. :goodvibes

I don't know much about the in-room celebrations but I can tell you that after running around the park all day it was nice to sit in a real chair drink hot chocolate, savor some great after-dinner food (fruit, cheese, chocolates, cakes) and not have to rush through the crowds just to find a spot on the ground somewhere.

I don't know much about the in-room celebrations but I can tell you that after running around the park all day it was nice to sit in a real chair drink hot chocolate, savor some great after-dinner food (fruit, cheese, chocolates, cakes) and not have to rush through the crowds just to find a spot on the ground somewhere.

Oh yeah definitely. I think we might do this our first night. It's not much of a problem for us not getting the front row since we don't mind standing if we're in the back. Plus we're pretty tall so don't want to block kid's views. :santa:

Beautiful!! We did this too, and my DH and I really enjoyed the show (10/15, second show) you are right it was nice to be pampered at the end of the night.

You have also convinced me I need to get that lens!

DH and I did this for his 50th Birthday. We did Blue Bayou for my 40th Birthday and I think he got the better deal! We really felt like it was worth it. I'm not sure we would pay for all the kids to do it with us, but it was great for 2 people.

We've seen F! from the ROA and from the premium viewing - I prefer premium viewing!

Really Great Pictures - Cyclenut! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

Looks fabulous!

We decided not to do premium viewing for our trip (in eight days!), but now I am so jealous! DH said he thinks it will be too slow to justify the extra money (staying at GCH for 10 nights twice a year is not cheap). How were the crowds? Do you think we should still try for the 6th? $100 for two five-year-olds seems a bit much.

Awesome shots. We always do fantasmic dessert seating. It is expensive with 4 kids but i love not having to wait on a rug for 4 hours to get a great view. We only do the dessert package once a trip and last time when we watched fantasmic an extra time we all sat on a rug to wait and all the kids fell asleep close to the show and didn't want to wake up for it. At least with the seating we can keep them busy and awake till the show.

Glad you all like the photos. To the PP, I do love this lens. You can look for some other pictures I took of Aladdin back in July in a thread here using the same lens. There are better lenses, but this one isn't that expensive.

Looks fabulous!

We decided not to do premium viewing for our trip (in eight days!), but now I am so jealous! DH said he thinks it will be too slow to justify the extra money (staying at GCH for 10 nights twice a year is not cheap). How were the crowds? Do you think we should still try for the 6th? $100 for two five-year-olds seems a bit much.

I agree that it gets very expensive, very quickly ... and the show is only 25 minutes long, so that is pretty expensive for that little time. But ... when you consider the time you save by not having to wait so far in advance AND the great desert tray ... well ... it's really not all that bad (of course I don't know what the trays look like for kids).

I don't really know what your overall budget looks like and what you might have to cut out in order to add this seating in. Think about it this way ... you are really buying about 2 hours of time to do other things.

As for crowds, that is hard to tell. The crowds have generally been heavier than I expected at DL at various times throughout this season. I think some of that has to do with the construction going on at DCA. F! is popular enough to always have lots of people crowding for a good viewing spot.

If it were me ... I wouldn't spend $100 for my 5 year olds to watch from the viewing area ... I can think of a lot of other things I can get for them for that $100 that they would probably enjoy more. But I'm an AP holder and can come back to the park any time.

Thanks! Yeah, $220 for the four of us seems like a lot. We have done the WOC dining twice, and think that is definitely worth it, though. We have APs too, but can't just stop by whenever haha. I told DH that I'm going to call and see if the premium seating is even still available. If it's sold out, then our decision has been made for us!

We did it in June with 4 adults and 2 kids (and a baby who didnt have to pay).

Me and DH went and lined up early.... like 6.30pm to get front row seats. The other adults took the kids on heaps more rides and came just before show time.

It was well worth the money in my opinion. Heaps of drink and lovely food.

Thanks for the photo's, we do this every year if it works for the budget..

Jack

Thank you so much! I'm anxiously waiting for my 30 days out to book this for my Honeymoon in December and these pictures made me even happier that I've chosen to add this experience to our trip! Something at Disneyland I've never done!!

We did it in June with 4 adults and 2 kids (and a baby who didnt have to pay).

Me and DH went and lined up early.... like 6.30pm to get front row seats. The other adults took the kids on heaps more rides and came just before show time.

It was well worth the money in my opinion. Heaps of drink and lovely food.

Just curious...doesn't it kind of take away the whole idea of reserved seating if you have to get in line to pick your spot an hour and a half beforehand? I mean I think it's a neat thing and appreciate that you have chairs and dessert boxes but it seems like it isn't saving you much waiting?

Just curious...doesn't it kind of take away the whole idea of reserved seating if you have to get in line to pick your spot an hour and a half beforehand? I mean I think it's a neat thing and appreciate that you have chairs and dessert boxes but it seems like it isn't saving you much waiting?

My thoughts exactly when I read Hydroguy's thread, so I never called. I hope someone can explain to us! I think it will be sold out for next week anyway, but maybe next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter