Fantasmic Package: yea or nay?

kpgriswold

Mouseketeer
My "grand gathering" of 9 will be in the World at the end of August. We plan to eat at Mama Melrose with or without the package. I understand that booking the Fantasmic package will save us some waiting time, but that the dining times are early. My questions are:

HOW early are those reservations? Nor sure we want to eat at 4 pm.

How MUCH time will we save with the package? We know we don't want the preschooler and his grandma to wait 60-90 minutes in the sun. Can we get seats if we show up 30 minutes early, or is the stadium always packed now that Fantasmic only shows on certain days?

Opinions, please!

We went in August and did the Fantasmic package (eating at BD). We had a party of 12 and the meal took over 2 hours. With a party of 9, I assume no matter where you go it will take awhile.

Personally I did not think the package was worth it. They still tell you to arrive an hour before the show even with the reserved seats. In addition, the reserved seats were off to the side, not front center as I would have imagined for a reserved seating package. As we were going to our reserved seats, there were still plenty of seats (acutally better seats) available to the general.

If you are going to MM anyway, it probably make sense to parlay that into reserved seats, however, if you are making ADR's for the sole purpose of getting reserved seats, then I wouldn't do it.

We went in Sept waited 45 minutes and almost did not get a seat at the Fantasmic Show. We booked the package this time but don't mind eating early. I think our reservation is at 4:30 and the show is earlier since we are going in January (6:30pm).

We booked the Fantasmic Package at Hollywood and Vine on our last trip. The ressie was for 5:00 PM and worked out well...but it is a buffet. If you want to eat later you might want to consider that as an option. My husband said the food was just okay but it was worth it for the Fantasmic priority seating. I wasn't able to go thanks to being laid up with H1N1. Fun!

P.S. Fantasmic was at 7:30 PM that night...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter