Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose

disfreak2

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose recently? I wondered what was included in the meal, what hours it was available (we are planning for May 2012 if this matters)and if the food was good? We ate at Tony's Town Square several years ago and it was fairly awful. I am therefore a bit hesitant concerning Italian food in the parks. We are taking my sister and her family and I want them to see Fantasmic since they may never make it back to Disney again.Thanks for your guidance in advance.

I am not sure of the times as they are probably not released yet, however, we are going there in August. They serve an appetizer, entree and dessert with the package. The italian food didn't look too appetizing to me, I ordered the steak, which was great. It is a step above Tony's food IMHO, but I love the Lady & The Tramp theme at Tony's. Tutto Italia in Epcot has much better food. There chicken is delicious.

There aren't too many choices for the Fant. package that are really good, unless you do a Signature Dining and eat at Hollywood Brown Derby.

Mama Melrose's reminds us of the family owned Italian rstaurants we like to visit at home or when traveling. We enjoy the classics (some would say stereotypical Americanized Italian) and at MM's we like the fettuccini alfredo, eggplant Napoleon, and chicken Caesar salads. They have some yummy desserts, too. The service staff was attentive but not overbearing.

I believe MM's is one of the lunch choices for the Fantasmic package.

We did the MM F package a few weeks ago. We ate at 5 pm. We were on the deluxe plan so I don't know if the menu choices for the F package would be different without a meal plan. I had the steak and thought it was awesome! We would totally do it again. The only downside was that we got there at 4:45 and weren't seated until 5:45. Longest wait we had for a meal our entire vacation.

We did the MM F! package last year. We got appetizer, entree, & dessert. We ate at 4:30 and the food was on par with Olive Garden. We liked it better than Tony's.

I am a Mama Melrose supporter. We have gone at least 5 times and loved it. Always do the Fantasmic Package (except one time). NOTE: lunch and dinner are still vouchers for the first show, so they do not work if a second show if added when you go.

You order off the normal menu and you get:

One non-alcoholic drink (refillable in most cases aka pop/unsweet tea, etc)
One appetizer
One entree
One dessert

The menu that Disney has posted is here (lunch and dinner are the same): http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...a-melroses-ristorante-italiano-menu-lunch.pdf
Dessert:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...melroses-ristorante-italiano-menu-dessert.pdf

My family loves it here. I always try to make sure our fantasmic package is booked first. Plus the flatbreads are huge, so don't think you are not getting a good value because they are less expensive. That is what my kids started out with when they were younger, now they order all different things.

The menu "DOES" change with seasons, so it may be a bit different when you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter