Fantasmic or Spectromagic

ilenemak

Earning My Ears
Will be in WDW 6/18-6/19 and only have time for either Fantasmic or Spectromagic. Which one is better for a 10 year old boy? Which one has a shorter line? What time should we start to wait on line?

There both fantastic! I think the least waiting would be at the Spectromagic parade. We grab a hamburger in Frontier Land about an hour before and sit down on the curb and eat. I can't think of the name of the restaurant. Maybe someone can help you out with that. There seems to be less of a crowd here.

NOW FOR THE BIG SECRET. Seems noone has relized that you can stand on the bridge coming out of Frontier Land and see Tinkerbell fly off the castle and the fireworks after. Noone is ever there. We found it completely by accident. Not wanting to fight the crowds on Main Street, we were hanging in FL and coming across the bridge. My DD said "There's Tinkerbell". We were trilled!!

I think my family (DS's 15, 13, 9 and DD11) would rather see Fantasmic! (we've seen it 2 or 3 times) than watch the parades. The parades are great fun to watch, but Fantasmic! is a wonderful show!

Of course, my family can't stand the wait for either, that I make them do, to get good seats. I usually bring the cards from our Disney Trivia game and ask questions while we wait. This usually entertains those around us too.

I love Fantasmic, but I vote for SpectoMagic and then the fireworks. It is pure Disney magic, and I get chills when I see the fireworks over the castle! It is also easier to have one person save a spot on the parade route while the kids get in one more ride!

FANTASMIC IS MY FAVORITE!!! I see it at least twice every trip. You will most likely have to wait longer, but it incorporates Disney characters and some fireworks into one-- pure Disney magic!

I vote for Fantasmic, too. It kind of makes me cry, though. But my mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law all shed a few tears, too. The special effects are just so, well, fantasmic. But that's not what made me cry. Just seeing Mickey overcome all those villains did.

Welcome to the DIS!

I vote for Fantasmic! It is one of my favorite things to see!

We just returned May 3rd. The week we were there we were able to see both! Spectromagic was Th night only but Fantasmic was most (if not all) nights. Another vote for Fantasmic and a suggestion: do the dinner res package and you will get a pass for a special entrance to the show. You can choose from Hollywood and Vine, The Brown Derby or Mama Melrose in MGM. We did the H&V buffet which was fine. You won't have to wait as long having he pass as they give you a time to show up at the designated entrance. Plus it is much more comfortable waiting in the stands than sitting on the ground for an hour at MK. Our crowd was even doing the wave!

Our kids are 13 and 9 and just the 9 yo saw both. He enjoys most everything but seemed more impressed after Fantasmic. I guess I'm old fashioned, but the night time parade didn't do as much for me as the old daytime ones. All the colored lights on the floats seemed to take something away from the characters themselves and actually (excuse me here PLEASE) looked a little tacky.

Fantasmic! Reasons?
1) Relaxing way to end the night at the parks since you can sit in ampitheater waiting for show.
2) If you don't feel like waiting in line,look into the dinner package. Last time, I think we bought the Hollywood and Vine Buffet Package(all you can eat) for about $18 per adult(??) and made a late lunch/early dinner out of it. Prior to that we packaged dinner at Mama Rosas which was also good but the package was more $$ I think. Then you can go in the rear entrance about 30 min before showtime and don't have to wait in the regular line which sometimes lines up about 90 min before showtime. Check with the guest services at MGM as soon as you get to the park since these packages sell out quickly at times.
3)Mmm, Beer! I can't speak for everyone but after a harrowing day in the Florida heat mediating trivial sibling conflicts and rushing arund the parks, a tall,cold icy draft (bud or heineken available in the rear of ampitheater) is most refreshing. Enough said.
4) Leaving MK after the fireworks (if you choose to watch after Spectro) is a mob scene. With only one way to leave the park and many, many, many people rushing for the buses after the finale, its easy to lose your crowd. If watching with young ones hold on to their hand tightly. We had a group of five(3 adults and 2 children) and nearly got seperated and crushed several times in the crowd. For some reason, crowds exiting after epcot and MGM shows are more dispersed when leaving. We would never stay at MK to watch the fireworks again, besides you can watch fireworks anywhere.
.............I hope this helps..................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter