• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic or Illuminations?

bschiffler

Love Disney!!
We will be there the end of November...will only be able to see Fantasmic or Illuminations. Which one?? Do either have Holiday touches added to them?

I say Illuminations(It is my favorite). Illuminations has a holiday segment "Let there be Peace on Earth" that is just fantastic

Mary

Kids or no kids? I love both shows but if I had kids -say 12 or under with me, I'd definitely do Fantasmic.

Jenn

Without a doubt, HANDS DOWN, Illuminations. Especially, the holiday version! In the 4 minute (or however long it is) holiday tag that they add on to the end, they fire off as many fireworks as they do in the entire regular show. Even without the holiday add on, I like Illuminations a lot more. And don't get me wrong, I think Fantasmic is a great show as well.

Illuminations is by far my favorite.
The thing I don't like about fantasmic is sitting around waiting for it to begin, the seats aren't the most comfortable.

I vote Illuminations- the holiday version. Last year we decided to see Fantasmic and because of our own stupidity we arrive late and was stuck in the back, couldn't see anything. I was carried away by Illuminations. We had a great view, over by Canada- right up close to the water. My husband has never seen Illuminations and this year I am telling him it is a must have.

Illuminations is a must do, but Fantasmic is great too, especially with kids. It's possible to do both in one night if you have park hopper tix. We've done it a couple times before. Illuminations is every night at 9 o'clock. Looks like in November Fantasmic is at 6:30 every night with some nights having an extra showing at 8:00. You can watch Fantasmic at 6:30 then take the boat from MGM to Epcot's International Gateway and walk into World Showcase and see Illuminations too. Not a big deal really and would have plenty of time. You'll be rested up from sitting around waiting for Fantasmic and through the show.

Have fun!

FANTASMIC every time,. did not think that much of illuminations, left the park before it had ended, whereas fantasmic,,, wow it blew me away :thumbsup2:

Does anyone know how long the Holiday part of Illuminations is shown after Christmas is over? We will be there Jan. 2nd.

Illuminations is a must do, but Fantasmic is great too, especially with kids. It's possible to do both in one night if you have park hopper tix. We've done it a couple times before. Illuminations is every night at 9 o'clock. Looks like in November Fantasmic is at 6:30 every night with some nights having an extra showing at 8:00. You can watch Fantasmic at 6:30 then take the boat from MGM to Epcot's International Gateway and walk into World Showcase and see Illuminations too. Not a big deal really and would have plenty of time. You'll be rested up from sitting around waiting for Fantasmic and through the show.

Have fun!
Agree here you could do both.

Is there anywhere to see Illuminations from outside the park? We don't have hoppers and aren't planning on going to Epcot. Can we hang out at one of the resorts to watch it?

No question at all: FANTASMIC! I've always thought Illuminations was rather overrated.

I would definitely say Illuminations, although Fantasmic is cool and has more of a plot I like Illuminations big bang.

Illuminations-the holiday version. We saw both Fantasmic and Illuminations this past Dec. for the first time and Illuminations moved me to tears. ( I am not the type to cry at too many things) Fantasmic was nice, but the wait before the show was long and the seats are soooo uncomfortable.

I don't really care for Illuminations. I feel it's kind of boring. I use to watch Fantasmic often when I had AP's to Disneyland, and at the time only lived about 10 miles from the park. Fantasmic is exciting and full of energy, and the special effects are great. Especially if you've got kids, definately do Fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter