Fantasmic @ MM - kids meal vs. adult

aprilfoolwed

DIS Veteran
Have an ADR for Mama Melrose Fantasmic package in January. My 10yo son will be joining us -he will have an adult ticket for the park (of course), but he eats like a little bird. There is no way he could eat all the food in the fantasmic package. Is there an option for him to get a kids meal instead of the adult meal? He could probably eat most of an adult entree, but no way could he do an app and dessert too!

You will pay the adult price for him regardless of what he orders. Dining packages are based on age.

If you are concerned that at 10 he won't get his money's worth on the food, consider dropping the DP and just lining up early for F! or trying for a 4th FP+.

He could probably eat most of an adult entree, but no way could he do an app and dessert too!

Listen.
I'm an absolute PIG. Please trust me when I tell you I can eat.

On our MM F! pkg date, I woke up early, ate a banana, and a handful of wheat thins. Walked to Epcot from Swan at 7:30am. Toured until about 11am. Split a chicken wrap kids meal at electric umbrella, and finished off ds's 1/4 of a kids meal burger. MM was at 3pm. We got there right on time. Had to wait ten minutes for our table. I'd say we were starting our apps at 3:30pm.

For the three of us:
Calamari app
Mussels app
I got the steak
Mrs got the grouper
Ds got the cheese pizza kid's meal.

Jr seriously ate most of the apps. He is a 7 yr old seafood monster. But, back to me being a pig - if you think your boy could eat most of an adult entree, but no way he could do and app and dessert too - that's about par for the course. I seriously could barely even LOOK at the dessert I was so full. We purposely ate that light lunch - SPLIT A KID'S MEAL, so we would be hungry for MM, and we were hungry. So, I'm not saying that you wouldn't be better off having your son get a kid's meal, but if he can polish off most of an adult entree at MM, he's probably in the same boat as most adults. I'd suggest to just order wisely for planning for leftovers, or just order whatever you want, and be prepared to just not be able to finish it, and walk away. I don't like wasting food (and I rarely ever have to worry about not being able to finish anything) but I just had to leave my entire dessert. I should have just requested that they not even bring it out. The mrs barely ate hers as well. What made it even worse? We pretty much liked all of the food. It was way better than we thought it would be. I seriously tell you this: If we did the MM f! package again, I'd probably ask our server to take one of our desserts to a different table to spread pixie dust, OR offer it to the server to split with the staff.

Perhaps a decent-ish workaround would be for the adults to expect to finish the son's food? Maybe the adults should have salads instead of appetizers, then split the son's appetizer? I don't think there's really a good way to not leave there stuffed to the gills, OR lugging around leftovers. I'd still do it though. I really liked MM.

My kids found the kids portion of pasta at MM to be way too small. They ate every scrap we left on our plates and still left hungry. For the amount of walking they do they were hungrier than normal but the serving was tiny. They could have easily eaten 2 of the child servings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter