• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! FP+ ??

twinnersmama

Mouseketeer
Do you NEED FP+ for Fantasmic?
I was just talking to someone who just came back from WDW (her 1st time). She said that she messed up with the FP+ because she didn't get a FP for Fantasmic. That since she didnt' have a FP, they cut the line off and they were not able to get in.

Wouldn't they only give out so many FP+ ? Maybe she didnt' get in line soon enough?

Made me wonder if I need to change my FP to include Fantasmic.

I'll be able to say for sure next week, but would guess she didn't get in line soon enough and theater was at capacity except for the FP+ section guests which had not all arrived yet, possibly. Sure hope so, we are staying offsite this weekend so don't have FP+ and are planning on going to F! for my second time, but dh first time.

I was just talking to someone who just came back from WDW (her 1st time). She said that she messed up with the FP+ because she didn't get a FP for Fantasmic. That since she didnt' have a FP, they cut the line off and they were not able to get in.

Wouldn't they only give out so many FP+ ? Maybe she didnt' get in line soon enough?

It is one of the best uses of FP+ at the Studios. It saves a lot of time relative to standby and gives access to many of the best seats in the house. See the link in my signature for my suggestions.

Do you NEED FP+ for Fantasmic? I was just talking to someone who just came back from WDW (her 1st time). She said that she messed up with the FP+ because she didn't get a FP for Fantasmic. That since she didnt' have a FP, they cut the line off and they were not able to get in. Wouldn't they only give out so many FP+ ? Maybe she didnt' get in line soon enough? Made me wonder if I need to change my FP to include Fantasmic.

We went for the first time last year, and booked a fantasmic dinner package, which gave us reserved seating for fantasmic. 15 minutes before the show, we walked past huge lines waiting to get in, and sat right down. We've done the same for our next trip coming up, so we don't need the FP+. But I can tell you that the show was at 7 pm, and people without package passes were lining up by 430 pm. Shortly before they started letting people in, the line for fantasmic was the whole way back to the park entrance, and I'm certain not all of those people got in.

If you have the chance to get the fantasmic package, or the FP+, I would urge you to do so.

DH & I were there last week with FP+ but were not allowed to sit in the reserved section and my DD & her friend who arrived a few minutes after us (but still well within the window) were initially denied admission to the theater. It was not until they requested a manager and showed him their FP+ that he allowed them in. Once in, they were not allowed down into our section (section to the left of Pocahontas). When they explained that the rest of their party was there and that they had FP+, the CM told them there was no FP+ for this show because it was the 1st "glow with the show" and they put the VIPs into the section designated for FP+. They moved the FP+ section down but had no way of checking MB there so it immediately filled up with anyone coming in. It really put a damper on the night. On a positive note, as long as they honor the FP+s on the night you're going, it should be wonderful. Sending pixie dust.

Kathy

You really need to find out how long before show time she got in line. For the first show of any night, an hour AT LEAST before show time. Not "about an hour" - an hour at least. On a night with only one show TWO hours ahead to be sure to get in. To make things worse, there have been reports that CMs did not have working FP+ scanners so they were allowing all MBs to get in as if FP+ ... that will reduce the standby admission. Hope this gets straightened out soon.

DH & I were there last week with FP+ but were not allowed to sit in the reserved section and my DD & her friend who arrived a few minutes after us (but still well within the window) were initially denied admission to the theater. It was not until they requested a manager and showed him their FP+ that he allowed them in. Once in, they were not allowed down into our section (section to the left of Pocahontas). When they explained that the rest of their party was there and that they had FP+, the CM told them there was no FP+ for this show because it was the 1st "glow with the show" and they put the VIPs into the section designated for FP+. They moved the FP+ section down but had no way of checking MB there so it immediately filled up with anyone coming in. It really put a damper on the night. On a positive note, as long as they honor the FP+s on the night you're going, it should be wonderful. Sending pixie dust.

Kathy

Very stinky. Sounds like two separate programs clashed and Glowy ears won. Stupid since we know know that nobody is really buying the things. And for top of the stupid list: the CMs reportedly asked people showing up after the first night why they had glow ears with them, thinking it was a one time event.

I have heard that several times recently, the Fastpass+ section was no longer there. So people that had it were mixed in with others and by the time they got there, most all seats were full.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter