fantasmic dinner VS fantasmic itself

tammyandtommy

Just call me Duckie!
ok so this is our first trip and I have read alot about the fantasmic dinner package, but 10 not sure if they are kid friendly read the menus but package info says some only allow certain foods, but I want a good seat in the muck of it all and 20 Is it really worth the expense?
Any opinions?

We have seen Fantasmic several times...but now that we have 2 young children, have decided it would be best to do the dinner pkg and not have to sit in the stands for so long in advance of the actual show. We chose the Hollywood & Vine pkg. It is a buffet. I figure surely there will be something the children will find to enjoy.

One week ago right now (this exact instant) we were sitting down in our reserved seats at Fantasmic. We did dinner at Hollywood & Vine. It was a very good buffet, with a seperate one for the kids with kids foods like chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. The kids enjoyed the food, and the adult food was very good as well, especially for a buffet. I would highly recommend the package, since it doesn't cost any more than just dinner, and you get reserved seating so you can do something else for the hour and a half that you would otherwise spend waiting for the show. I will never see Fantasmic again without using the dinner package.

bdrex95,

Did you have good seats? Where were they? I thought I read somewhere that the seats with the package weren't that great.

The reserved seats are on the right side of the theater (as you face the stage). All of the seats in the theater have good views. We have done this several times, and are doing it again in June. We have never been disapointed. I would recommend it.

One tip, if you want snacks or drinks, try to get them beforehand and bring them in with you. We went in Dec when the weather was a little cool. DD wanted some hot chocolate. It was only available in the Fantasmic light up mugs for $10 per. The mug was nice enough, but not worth $10.

One quick question.....do you make reservations for the package before going to Disney? Or do it before the show? When is the best time?
Thanks

medic4tx said:
One quick question.....do you make reservations for the package before going to Disney? Or do it before the show? When is the best time?
Thanks

Depends on crowd levels for when you are going. I'm going during peak season (July) so I'm going to PS it 90 days. This is my first time and I only say this after massive amounts of reading on these boards based on other's experiences.

Having said all that...Is this dinner package included in the Dining Plan? I heard it was not.

I do not think so....but I am not sure. We did not do the dinner package last time just the show. But the way everyone talks it is nice since you do not have to worry about getting a place to sit. :teeth:

We are doing it in May and I've already made my PS. I tried to switch the times and it was totally booked. My advice, definately do the PS.

dani12 said:
We are doing it in May and I've already made my PS. I tried to switch the times and it was totally booked. My advice, definately do the PS.

I'm still going to try to call 30 days before my date to get a different time. Someone else on the DIS board got a 7PM!

this sounds great thanks for all your advice! Looks like I need to wait for that 90 day mark!

fantavet said:
Depends on crowd levels for when you are going. I'm going during peak season (July) so I'm going to PS it 90 days. This is my first time and I only say this after massive amounts of reading on these boards based on other's experiences.

Having said all that...Is this dinner package included in the Dining Plan? I heard it was not.

We have the plan and we were told when we made PS at HV that it was not covered under the plan. But that nights credits will go towards HDDR which count as two.

the fantasmic dinner doesn't count toward the dining plan, in other words, we'll have to pay for the dinner? that kind of..well, that isn't cool at all!! :sad2:

If you want the package, dinner and show, then you have to pay for the meal without using the dining plan. Oddly enough if you just have a meal at HV you can use the dining plan??? Go figure :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter