Fantasmic dinner packsge viewing vs FP viewing

Is there any difference?

The previous poster had a different experience than I did. The FP for fantasmic seemed to do nothing. We went in a bit of a different way but was ushered along with the regular crowd. I ended up in the Hades section which is almost at the end. I was so irritated. I thought I would possibly be in the sections next to the fantasmic dining package folks and considering it was a tier 1 attraction I thought I deserved it.

To top it off on this particular night they had the whole Scar section (right next to the Mickey front and center section aka the section I thought FP would be in) blocked off. The whole stinking section was open. Then at the last minute they opened it up meaning the people that didn't have FP and got there at the last second got a better seat than I did. :headache:

Needless to say I will never get a fantasmic FP again. I will however do the dining package again. Mama melrose was delightful and the seating for the show is so worth it to me.

We just did the dinner package at H&V and had seats smack in the middle section. Perfect seating.

Might be a stupid question but I'm a first timer here ;)

If I book the package I don't need to book the fast pass then, right?

Might be a stupid question but I'm a first timer here ;) If I book the package I don't need to book the fast pass then, right?

Correct! The sections are reserved for Diners and most Dining Guests arrive at least 30 minutes before the show begins.

IMO if you are going off season vs peak season I don't think you would need either the FP or the dining package. We have gone a couple times and had great seats without going the above route. That being said, I would do the dinner package before using a FP up on the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter