Fantasmic Dinner Package vs Fantasmic FP+

Ravenne

Queen is never late everyone else is simply early
Does the Fantasmic Dinner Package still exist or has that gone the way of the dodo bird with Fantasmic being a FP+ attraction? If not, is it on the chopping block with plans to eliminate the dinner package?

Yes the dinner package still exists, and it's a great way to enjoy a good meal and get a great seat during busy times. They have moved the dinner package seating area to the middle area of the amphitheater whereas the seating used to be on the sides from, what I've read.

As well, when I went last September, the FP+ seating are was just off center and provided very good viewing, but lately people have reported that that is no longer the case. So if you want good seats during a busy time, the dinner package is a good choice.

Dinner Package - better seating, costs money
FP+ seating - wherever you can find available, included in options but a TERRIBLE Tier 1 choice IMO

Yes the dinner package still exists, and it's a great way to enjoy a good meal and get a great seat during busy times. They have moved the dinner package seating area to the middle area of the amphitheater whereas the seating used to be on the sides from, what I've read.
That is awesome! The last time we did the dinner package we were off to the side. It wasn't bad, but center is definitely better I'm sure.

I have the dinner package booked, but it doesn't show up as such on MDE. It only shows the restaurant and doesn't mention anything about Fantasmic. Is that normal? Is there a need to be concerned or to call to verify?

I have the dinner package booked, but it doesn't show up as such on MDE. It only shows the restaurant and doesn't mention anything about Fantasmic. Is that normal? Is there a need to be concerned or to call to verify?

Mine DOES indicate "Hollywood & Vine Dinner Fantasmic", so you may want to make a call to be sure you are appropriately booked.

We just experienced the Fantasmic dinner package last night. The time on the ticket stated 6:25-6:45. We arrived around 6:30-6:35. Maybe they had already given the reserved seating away at that point...the theatre was FULL. We sat in the very last section on the far right and moved to the handicapped seats once the show was about to begin.

If we do it again, I would make sure to arrive at 6:25, maybe even 6:20. It was our first time and I thought we'd be good as long as we got there during the window.

We just experienced the Fantasmic dinner package last night. The time on the ticket stated 6:25-6:45. We arrived around 6:30-6:35. Maybe they had already given the reserved seating away at that point...the theatre was FULL. We sat in the very last section on the far right and moved to the handicapped seats once the show was about to begin.

If we do it again, I would make sure to arrive at 6:25, maybe even 6:20. It was our first time and I thought we'd be good as long as we got there during the window.

Yes. That can happen.
Arrive at least 40 minutes before show-time, even if you have the F! Dining Pkg.

I do need to point out that "show-time" vary a lot with the date.

As the days get longer, the start time will become later and later
(the time will be posted on the calendar) so still plan on arriving at least 40 minutes
before the posted show-time, even with the F! Dining Pkg. to ensure
better seating position.

Did the package in November, and we were seated in the middle near the handicapped section at the back, and the section was kind of roped off. We got there a little late, and the all the CM's said there was standing room only left for everyone else.

We used the FP+ for Fantasmic in early December and were very disappointed. We got there 30-40 minutes early and still ended up in the furthest corner of the theater (when looking at stage, we were told we had to go to the far left).
I would recommend still doing the dinner package so that you KNOW you will have good seats. I mean, you gotta eat anyway, right?

We used the FP+ for Fantasmic in early December and were very disappointed. We got there 30-40 minutes early and still ended up in the furthest corner of the theater (when looking at stage, we were told we had to go to the far left).
I would recommend still doing the dinner package so that you KNOW you will have good seats. I mean, you gotta eat anyway, right?

Yup.

FP+ for Fantasmic! is virtually useless.

We did a Fantasmic Dining Package for the first time (back just last week), and it was worth every penny! We were not able to take advantage of FD this trip because we were traveling with a group (my daughters' competition dance team... they performed in Downtown Disney), so this was our first experience paying for food OOP. But we got killer deals on our rooms and tickets, so it was okay. ANYWAY, I can speak from first-hand experience that the FP+ for Fantasmic was not really beneficial to the people that used it. We did a lunch package (which was >< much cheaper than dinner, lol), but we walked up and took our seats a little after 6:30pm. If you are touring with little ones, like we were, it was HEAVEN! So easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter