Fantasmic Dinner Package thoughts? Mama Melrose's vs. Hollywood & Vine

Headed4Fun

Mouseketeer
Going in October and will be on the Dining Plan. I want to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package since we have young children and I don't think they'll appreciate a 90 minute wait before the show starts...

Anyway, we are debating between Mama Melrose's (for lunch) or Hollywood & Vine (for dinner). Any thoughts? We have reservations at MM and I cancelled H&V but just wanted some reassurance that I've done the right thing! (Hollywood Brown Derby isn't an option for us because I don't want to use 2 dining credits.)

Thanks in advance! :)

Going in October and will be on the Dining Plan. I want to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package since we have young children and I don't think they'll appreciate a 90 minute wait before the show starts...

Anyway, we are debating between Mama Melrose's (for lunch) or Hollywood & Vine (for dinner). Any thoughts? We have reservations at MM and I cancelled H&V but just wanted some reassurance that I've done the right thing! (Hollywood Brown Derby isn't an option for us because I don't want to use 2 dining credits.)

Thanks in advance! :)

I think this is going to come down to personal preference, but I prefer MM. The food was actually pretty good and without the characters, I don't understand the draw for H&V. As long as your kids are OK with Italian, MM would be my advice. Have fun!

I think this is going to come down to personal preference, but I prefer MM. The food was actually pretty good and without the characters, I don't understand the draw for H&V. As long as your kids are OK with Italian, MM would be my advice. Have fun!

Thanks for the input. My kids LOOOOOVE Italian. My son would probably bathe in Olive Oil if I let him. LOL

The dinner at H&V doesn't have characters so that was pretty much what I had heard, if it weren't for the characters, there's no real draw to eat there because the food isn't that wonderful.

My husband and I did that Fantasmic package and ate at Mama Melrose. My husband said that's the best steak he's ever had! He still talks about it months later.

Mama Melrose over HV for sure. HV is too cafeteria-ish and I've never knew anyone who enjoyed to food there.

One of our best meals on our last trip was at MM. We did the fantasmic package and are doing it again on our upcoming trip.

Is the seating area good for the Fantasmic package.

I reserved it primarily because I'm traveling solo with my 8 and 10 year old. It will save me from a long wait in line.

The dinner reservation is at 3:40 which is really lunch?!?!

We normally don't do sit down meals so is it worth it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter