Fantasmic DINNER package at mgm

aimee11621

Live to DIS
Can someone give me the deal on the dinner package to see the show.

I would like to know how much and what's on the menu. Which restaurant is offered. Is it worth the seating ???:hyper:

We did Brown Derby the first time, and though it was good, we dont bother doing it anymore. If youre going at a busy time of year, then yes it might be worth it. If not, skip it, pick some dinner at the vendor area and grab your seat early. The dinner and show pkg seats are all the way over to the right of the stage. I felt that I missed out seeing quite a bit, especially when I saw it from the middle. The lights on the boats dont turn on until the boat is closer to center stage. Even then, you still cant see the characters on the back of the big riverboat at the end.

alison

On the same line, do they allow us to bring food into the theater since it is outside. I don't expect to bring in a cooler, but maybe a turkey leg or dole whip bar???

I'm pretty sure that you can bring food in. They also have concession stands inside that sell hot dogs/nachos/popcorn plus there are people walking around selling food. Sort of like a baseball game.

The package dinner at Hollywood and Vine IMHO is the best deal. A full hot and cold buffet table with a great dessert table. I have taken this package twice and when I go in Feb05 will do it again. Price was around $25.00 and worth twice that.
As for the seating: you can get to the area as late as 15 minutes prior and still get into the reserved seating. The reserved section is usually the last three sections on the extreme right hind side looking at the stage area. Best seating is in the upper 1/3 of the bleachers. And I can tell you this area can get mighty cold this time of year. If you have room bring a small blanket or towel and maybe somethng soft to sit on.
You certainly appears that you can bring in any food item. But after a dinner package would you really want too???
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave2:

The first time we tried to see Fantasmic it was summer and the stadium was full well over an hour before the show so we did not get in as they do cap the number they let in. The second time it was early December and we sat for over an hour, the show was fantastic, but it is hard to sit with kids. The third time we did the BD dinner, pricey but the food was good, and we do not mind the seats over to the side (much better than waiting forever IMO.) In early October we did H&V dinner package. It was great and we will do it again every time. The buffet offered an excellent variety for our family of 6. We all LOVED it. We sat in the very first row of the reserved section and the kids were thrilled, we could feel the fire! I must say that the stadium did not fill up too early so we could have gotten good seats even without the package. We like having REAL food with veggies, salad and stuff but you can eat ball park food at the show if you like. We have not tried MM, I really have to be in the mood for Italian, though I have heard it is good. If you are going when the park is crowded, I recommend the H&V package, if not get there early and be prepared to wait on hard benches for a looooooong time. Lacee

We just got back (literally). I tried to book the dinner package but wound up not calling early enough so there was nothing available.

We thought we missed getting in (we were at the wrong place), went to the entrance to return the stroller and the CM told us that the last he heard there was only 6,000 or so (holds 8,500) and that it may still be open if we went to the correct place. It was after 6pm and we got in. They did not look like they were about to close the gate either. A lot of people came in after us.

I think it really depends on the time of year and if you want to try the package. I didn't expect the reserved seating to be way over on the end though, you can get better seats by walking in.

We went in Sept 2002 and did Hollywood and Vine. We would not do this again as we got rained out after we had already eaten so we could not cancel. We would never have eaten there if not for the package. Overpriced for the quality IMHO (approx. $100 for 4 people). We enjoyed dinner well enough but without priority seating I would have preferred to spend the same amount of $$$ at Boatwright's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter