Fantasmic Dinner and Dining Plan

coasterdogs

Earning My Ears
Can someone clarify for me if an appetizer is included with the Fantasmic package if using the dining plan? I have not been able to find a current answer. Thanks!

We did the package 3 times. I think only with the kids meals do you get an appetizer.

For adults, the answer is no, but I'd love to swap the dessert for an appetizer. Anyone do this successfully?

We ate there a few weeks ago on the dining plan and the answer is yes. We received an appetizer, entree, and a drink for each person. The dessert was a platter for the table that we shared. There was plenty on the dessert platter but we did not order individual desserts. As long as you book the reservation as a Fantasmic dining package, you will receive the appetizer along with your meal. If you book it as a regular reservation, you will not receive an appetizer or passes to the show.

Actually the answer is yes. If you get the package, you get an appetizer at Mama Melrose or Brown Derby even if you are on the regular plan.

Mama Melrose, though, doesn't allow individual selections of dessert, they serve a "dessert sampler" for the table. Apparently this does not happen at Brown Derby and each party member chooses a dessert.

Hollywood & Vine is a buffet.

On the dining plan, you can never swap a dessert for an appetizer. I'm sure this is also true of the package.

That's interesting. On the website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/ if you expand the "Feast, Then Fantasmic!" section, it states:

Dining packages for The Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano are available for lunch or dinner and include one (1):

Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
VIP seating voucher

Dining packages for Hollywood & Vine are available for dinner and include one (1):

All-you-care-to-enjoy buffet
VIP seating voucher

If you also get an appetizer included, that's awesome!

Unless they changed it very recently (and we all know that is possible) you do get the appetizer.

When we had it before (at brown derby) we most definitely received all 3 courses using the dining plan.

However it looks from the new wording on the website that this has changed. I know the website won't currently let you book the package past the end of April so maybe this change is linked to that?

It did seem too good to be true!

When we had the Fantasmic dining package on the dining plan last October at Mama Melrose we definitly received an appetizer, entree and a dessert sampler. If they have changed this recently I don't know.

I know the website won't currently let you book the package past the end of April so maybe this change is linked to that?

I have a Fantasmic Mama Melrose ADR for Mid June... but am also curious if appetizers are included.

The past two years we have received an appetizer when dining at Brown Derby with the F! Package while on the meal plan. I thought this was because our reservations were rather early (3:30 or 4:30) and was therefore considered lunch, so the appetizer was included. Regardless, the appetizers were great, though I always leave totally stuffed.

We dined at MM on March 28 and received the app as part of the Fantasmic dining package. We were on the dining plan.

Is the website only letting you book the package until the end of April for everyone or is that just me?!

If it is perhaps this is when the change to no appetiser will happen?

Is the website only letting you book the package until the end of April for everyone or is that just me?!

If it is perhaps this is when the change to no appetiser will happen?

It wouldn't let me book for October, but I called and got reserved no problem.

Funny you should say that. I just so happened to book it over the phone for the end of June when I called to ask a question a few weeks back.

I was just trying t,o book it for June too, and the website will not show any dates past the end of April. Will I need to phone?

tinkerbell 766 said:
I was just trying t,o book it for June too, and the website will not show any dates past the end of April. Will I need to phone?

Call them! I was able to book this for October with no problem over the phone. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter