Fantasmic! Dining Package - Can you add one more person?

kinny

Earning My Ears
I booked the Fantasmic dining package for Mama Melrose Ristorante. We've been excited that we were able to get the seats. Then I've realized that I booked the table of 2, instead of 3! No availability shows up so far. If I cannot get a table of 3 by the date that we are going, can I just bring my child to the reservation, or are we going to be refused for the package deal all together? But I am aware of the cancelltaion policy, so I don't want to risk being charged, if I know in advance it won't fly. Please advise, if you have any similar experiences!

Thank you

kinny said:
I booked the Fantasmic dining package for Mama Melrose Ristorante. We've been excited that we were able to get the seats. Then I've realized that I booked the table of 2, instead of 3! No availability shows up so far. If I cannot get a table of 3 by the date that we are going, can I just bring my child to the reservation, or are we going to be refused for the package deal all together? But I am aware of the cancelltaion policy, so I don't want to risk being charged, if I know in advance it won't fly. Please advise, if you have any similar experiences!

Thank you

I recon your chances will be higher if your child is small and doesn't need their own seat. Otherwise I probably wouldn't take th echance, unless you can pop into the restaurant a few days earlier and talk to the manager!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I had this issue a few years go, when I traveled with an infant for the first time. I didn't realize that he needed to be counted, and it took us from 6 to 7. In other words, from a 6 top to an 8 top.

In two instances, I was not able to change the ressies. On one, they accommodated us, but it was very cramped. At the other one, we took turns holding the infant while we ate.

Not only is the seating for the meal a problem, the entrance pass you will get for the Fantastmic seating can only be done for the number on the reservation. They only sell so many of these pre-reserved packages and the people at the Fantasmic entrance are very strict about it.

Two years ago we watched a family begging at the entrance to be allowed in with one more in their party than was on that ticket and they didn't seem to be having any success with it.

My kid is 5 years old. She will definitely requires a chair to sit on. From what you are telling me, I should cancel this package... Is there a direct phone line to the restaurant? I am only going to DHS one day, so I cannot really go there in person to ask the manager..... Quite disapppointing, although it's my fault to not notice the number of the guests.

Cant you call the disney reservation line and have them look up your ressie and just add one more. They are usually 4 top tables anyway right??

. . . Is there a direct phone line to the restaurant? . . .

1) Yes, there is a direct outside line to the eatery.
2) but, the eatery does not do the ressies.
3) You need to go through the Dining line.

NOTE: There are limited mounts of 2-tops and 4-tops. So, when you
made the two-person ressie, it took a 2-top. Thus, it is easy to sell
the 4-tops. So, you may be out of luck.

Cant you call the disney reservation line and have them look up your ressie and just add one more. They are usually 4 top tables anyway right??

There are 2 top tables in Mama Melrose, and that's what the restaurant would have assigned to a party of 2 reservation, so they will not be able to "just add another person" because the type of table would have to change...3 would be sat at a 4 top. If all the 4 tops for Fantasmic are gone, they're gone.

And again, on the Fantasmic packages...there's also a limit to how many people they will book not just for restaurant table sizes/restaurant capacity, but also for total people in the reserved section. They have a set number allowed into the Fantasmic theater, and part of that is a set number allowed into the reserved section. If they've allowed room for 1000 people in the reserved section, and they've filled that already with reservations, they will not just "add another" person here & there, because they're at capacity.

We have never been allowed to add a person...had to keep trying for a different reservation (and luckily we snagged cancellations the two times our number changed.)

Thank you for the information. I will cancel the reservation. I'd thought this was the most decent restaurant to eat in HS and with the package, it will be with an appetizer. Oh well....
Does anyone know Disney do the second show in mid-November?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter