Fantasmic Dining Package ADR Question

DisneyDreamingInMI

Mouseketeer
I am having trouble booking a Fantasmic Dining Package ADR online. My 180+10 window opened today, but I cannot select any of my dates. I can only select up until 2/2 which is the day we arrive. I also played around with trying some dates in January, but I only see two times available for ADRs - 12:00 pm and 3:30 pm. What am I missing? We wanted a 4:30 pm or so ADR at Mama Melrose...is this not possible? Thanks!

Sometimes they are not released for booking right away. You can try calling and see if they can book it. There is also a problem with the system today.

They want to make sure you have time to finish your meal comfortably.

People are OFTEN seated late, up to a half hour (though, 15 min is more the norm). Meals can take 90 min or so (it is 3 courses at MM and HBD). Even with the dining package, you have to arrive at F! a half hour before showtime (more if you want the "best" seats) because they release untaken seats to the standby line (maybe 20 min?) before the show. You also need to walk from the restaurant to the F! stadium. MM in particular is pretty far.

You add this all up, you get close to 3 hrs.

This is why many people choose lunch instead of dinner for the F! package.

I tried calling to book Fantasmic at HBD for lunch on 2/4, but the CM said there weren't any openings yet. She thought it was probably because the show times for Feb haven't been set yet.

OK, now I've got a question. Since the Fantasmic packages aren't available yet for Feb, would it work to go ahead and make our HBD lunch ressie and then when Fantasmic is available, call and ask to have "linked" to our existing ressie?

OK, now I've got a question. Since the Fantasmic packages aren't available yet for Feb, would it work to go ahead and make our HBD lunch ressie and then when Fantasmic is available, call and ask to have "linked" to our existing ressie?

It wouldn't hurt to try, but I don't think it would work. F! package ADRs are separate from regular dining ADRs, so you having a regular ADR wouldn't help to get a spot for the package.

If you want to eat at HBD even if you aren't able to get a F! package, then, yes, book the lunch now and then cancel if you get the F! package.

It won't work. I've tried before. The special dining packages are separate from the regular ADRs. They set aside a certain number of tables per restaurant, so having an ADR won't help you if the special tables are already booked... unfortunately.

Question, as I'm new to the DDP. We're going in December, and I've been surprised at how many places are already completely booked.

We were also hoping to get a Fantasmic dinner reservation, but everything is booked for the day we want to go to DHS. Is there a good chance something will open up on the day we want as we get closer to our trip? Will calling versus trying to get a ressie online help?

I just got off the phone with Disney making my dining reservations 180 days out. We're staying 2/8-14. I tried booking the Fantasmic dinner package. I was told the reservations for that are not released yet, so I was unable to book today. Also she said they're not offering dinner for Fantasmic in February. She said it was bc it's winter and the show starts so early. I have to call back every day to find out if they're booking for Fantasmic yet.

This is the first trip I'm taking as an adult with a family. Growing up we didn't do ADRs. These are the reservations I got, what do you think?
Chef Mickey @ 7:30am breakfast
Hollywood & Vine @ 8am breakfast
Ohana Dinner @ 7:10, hoping for a window seat to view the Wishes fireworks
Akershus @ 8am breakfast

PLease post if you have any more info about Fantasmic in February!!

I'm worried my kids are too young for Fantasmic or that we're losing too much park time by booking the Fantasmic package. We will be there when the park opens but plan to head back to AoA for a nap in the afternoon. Our kids will be 4 and 2. We will have a good 3 hours of ride time in the morning, then lunch, then head back to AoA for a nap. By the time we get back it would be 5pm. Time for a quick dinner and then head to Fantasmic at 6:30. So besides those 3 hours of rides in the morning, I'm not sure that we'd get any more rides in before Fantasmic between meals and naps. Am I estimating all the timing of all this correctly? Is Fantasmic worth missing ride time? Should we skip naps that day? Anyone with experience with Fantasmic or little ones would be helpful!

I just got off the phone with Disney making my dining reservations 180 days out. We're staying 2/8-14. I tried booking the Fantasmic dinner package. I was told the reservations for that are not released yet, so I was unable to book today. Also she said they're not offering dinner for Fantasmic in February. She said it was bc it's winter and the show starts so early. I have to call back every day to find out if they're booking for Fantasmic yet.

Thanks for this info! I was looking to book the dinner package for our February trip, so now I know it will have to be lunch if we do book the package. I was wondering why no dinner times were showing for late January/early February dates!

I am still on the fence about booking the dining package at all because Fantasmic seems to be one of the FP+ options. I have read on a few threads that the FP+ seats are pretty good. But who knows if FP+ will be up and running for everyone by Feb? I think I prefer the FP+ option over the dining package option for minimizing our waiting time and getting decent seats, though.

Thanks for this info! I was looking to book the dinner package for our February trip, so now I know it will have to be lunch if we do book the package. I was wondering why no dinner times were showing for late January/early February dates!

I am still on the fence about booking the dining package at all because Fantasmic seems to be one of the FP+ options. I have read on a few threads that the FP+ seats are pretty good. But who knows if FP+ will be up and running for everyone by Feb? I think I prefer the FP+ option over the dining package option for minimizing our waiting time and getting decent seats, though.

I booked the dinner package today for Feb 1st..

Thanks for letting me know! Do you happen to remember what the options were for reservation times for the dinner package?

12:00pm & 3:00pm , I chose 3:30 and my reservation time ended up being 3:35. I am thinking of changing it to a lunch ressie now. 3:30 is a bit early for dinner. I just checked and a 12:10 is available

12:00pm & 3:00pm , I chose 3:30 and my reservation time ended up being 3:35. I am thinking of changing it to a lunch ressie now. 3:30 is a bit early for dinner. I just checked and a 12:10 is available

Thanks so much! We also thought that 3:30pm might be a little early for dinner, so we'll either do the lunch package or hope that we'll be able to use FP+ for Fantasmic. Still trying to decide...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter