Fantasmic! Dining at the Blue Bayou.

YukonMommy

DIS Veteran
This is our 6th trip to Disneyland with our 4 kids (now 17, 15, 13, 10) and eating at the Blue Bayou has always been on my bucket list and this trip is the trip!! Anyone do one of their dining packages lately? How was it? My kids are not picky eaters, but anyone know where I can find the menu for the lunch and dinner packages to see which they would prefer.

Thanks in advance, from a very cold Canadian. (-39 without a wind chill today!)

This is our 6th trip to Disneyland with our 4 kids (now 17, 15, 13, 10) and eating at the Blue Bayou has always been on my bucket list and this trip is the trip!! Anyone do one of their dining packages lately? How was it? My kids are not picky eaters, but anyone know where I can find the menu for the lunch and dinner packages to see which they would prefer.

The Disneyland website and also allears.net for menus (or the Disneyland app!)

Disneyland App is the best! Lunch and dinner are the same. It’s our favorite place! We always schedule an early dinner (4ish). We love getting a waterfront table and the wait for those at 4pm is minimal. If you haven’t done Fantasmic before, then the package is worth it IMO.

We were there on Thursday for the lunch Fantasmic Dining Package. It was mostly great. I didn’t take a photo of the menu but I can remember it hahah
The appies were salad or soup with the upgraded option of calamari or a beet salad. The mains were the Monte Cristo, prime rib, lamb, salmon, a chicken dish... maybe I’m missing one?
The desserts were a chocolate cake with hazelnuts, Creme Brûlée, the Fantasmic (which I had and is a fun glowing chocolate and cotton candy thing) or sorbet.
I had the beet salad and the Monte Cristo and they were delicious. My only complaint was it was too fast. Like I wasn’t done my salad and the Monte Cristo was set down next to me just getting cold. Also it was like $500 for five of us... ahhhh. But it was worth it! Not sure if I’d make a habit of it :)

My kids are 9, 13, and 15. Simple eaters. And they all LOVE Blue Bayou for Fantasmic dinner. It pains my heart when they leave some food on their plates but at that point what’s it matter anymore. The seating for Fantasmic can’t be beat. It’s one of our favorite experiences to indulge in.

My kids are 9, 13, and 15. Simple eaters. And they all LOVE Blue Bayou for Fantasmic dinner. It pains my heart when they leave some food on their plates but at that point what’s it matter anymore. The seating for Fantasmic can’t be beat. It’s one of our favorite experiences to indulge in.
One thing I like about BB is that they are very good about customizing my food to my taste. If I ask for the food to be prepared simply, they do it as well as they are able. So don't every be afraid to ask for simple food if that would help your kids eat more!

We LOVE Blue Bayou!! So good

Disneyland App is the best! Lunch and dinner are the same. It’s our favorite place! We always schedule an early dinner (4ish). We love getting a waterfront table and the wait for those at 4pm is minimal. If you haven’t done Fantasmic before, then the package is worth it IMO.
I think the menus might be slightly different (with dinner being higher price-wise), unless it's changed since November. Dinner included Surf n Turf, which is why we always book lunch since one member of our party has a bad shellfish allergy and don't want to risk it.

You must be near us! We were stuck in that deep freeze for way too long. Loving the chinooks now! And sure dreaming about California sun and Disneyland!

Do a google search for Blue Bayou Fantasmic package and then look under "Images" for lots of pics of the lunch and dinner menus. Check the date for the most recent ones.

We LOVE Blue Bayou!! So good

I think the menus might be slightly different (with dinner being higher price-wise), unless it's changed since November. Dinner included Surf n Turf, which is why we always book lunch since one member of our party has a bad shellfish allergy and don't want to risk it.

The lunch and dinner menus do vary I believe as we have done the dinner their 2 years in a row with the F! Package and the Monte Cristo is not on the menu for dinner.

Other than the difference between the monte Cristo and the surf and turf, what is the difference between the F! Lunch vs dinner options? Are portion sizes different, for example?

Other than the difference between the monte Cristo and the surf and turf, what is the difference between the F! Lunch vs dinner options? Are portion sizes different, for example?
We've never noticed that -- there's always way too much food for us at lunch and dinner!

So, probably a dumb question, but just confirming (since an image search for the lunch menu in the last year or so doesn't turn anything up) - the Monte Cristo is definitely on the lunch menu for the Fantasmic package, right?

So, probably a dumb question, but just confirming (since an image search for the lunch menu in the last year or so doesn't turn anything up) - the Monte Cristo is definitely on the lunch menu for the Fantasmic package, right?

Not a dumb question and yes it is

That’s my menu from last November... I think that the dessert (Maleficent) has changed since then...and maybe some other little things...
But the Monte Cristo is still available for lunch...

Thanks! I'm signed up for this in early April. All Ears has gumbo on the menu, but I guess that's outdated.
Yes, that’s outdated since last summer if I recall correctly. But they still have a seasonal soup... I loved it last November... (though I don’t know what it was...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter