• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Dessert Buffet

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
I was lucky enough to book the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet (on the balcony) for our four night trip to DL for June 9. We got there, finally got seated and started stuffing ourselves with the desserts. The fruit kabobs were excellent. Ripe and tasty. Good cheese. The fritters (tasted a little like funnel cake with powdered sugar and a vanilla sauce) were very good. And then there was the tiny pastries (eclairs, napoleons, etc), the cheesecake, the chocolate cake and the fruit tart. We had our choice of coffee, water, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, lemonade, fruit punch. It was very good. The CMs taking care of us were very nice.

Unfortunately (or maybe, fortunately), they had technical difficulties so they did not show Fantasmic that night. We did get to stay for the fireworks and it was a pretty good place to see them. We were given our tickets back and were told to get a refund at City Hall. The CMs were very apologetic, but I told them sometimes things just don't happen as we wish. They looked a bit relieved.

So we had a great dessert party with some other very nice guests, and didn't pay for it.

We didn't get to see Fantasmic on this trip, but we'll try again when we go for the half marathon in September.

Hi Deb
Great way to look at the situation....sometimes "Plan B" works out just fine....it's all how you look at it. No one's "fault" that Fantasmic didn't show (certainly not the CM's in the balcony area!) Hope you do get to enjoy the show another time....because it's just AWESOME!

I just booked 2 tickets for DD and myself for our July trip. It will be the third time we've enjoyed the balcony dessert buffet and viewing of Fantasmic.....and it always brings me to tears.....of gratefulness, of joy and of feeling like the luckiest person in the world to be sitting there on the balcony.....only 21 people lucky enough to watch Fantasmic from that spot. It's always a special moment for me....and my daughter will be surprised.......I never tell the kids that I have booked it......but for the third time....I think she's on to me :goodvibes lol

Glad to hear everything worked out for you....and enjoy your next trip!
Karen

I agree it's the only way to watch Fantasmic! Sorry you missed the show, but I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the deserts and company. Hope you can catch it again sometime.

ItzKaren said:
Hi Deb

I just booked 2 tickets for DD and myself for our July trip. It will be the third time we've enjoyed the balcony dessert buffet and viewing of Fantasmic.....and it always brings me to tears.....of gratefulness, of joy and of feeling like the luckiest person in the world to be sitting there on the balcony.....only 21 people lucky enough to watch Fantasmic from that spot. It's always a special moment for me....and my daughter will be surprised.......I never tell the kids that I have booked it......but for the third time....I think she's on to me :goodvibes lol

Karen

WOW! I am hoping tp get tix for the end of July!...it seems that you are very successful getting those tickets...any tips???

We have tix for the balcony showing in about 2 weeks...I can't wait :Pinkbounc

I've heard so much about it, and your dessert descriptions make it sound even better :woohoo:

BunnieGene said:
We have tix for the balcony showing in about 2 weeks...I can't wait :Pinkbounc

I've heard so much about it, and your dessert descriptions make it sound even better :woohoo:

If you haven't done this before, do what we did. We went up to the Disney Gallery about 8:15 and waited with the other 17 people until they seated us about 8:35. When I picked up the tickets at Guest Services (outside the park), they told me to just go to the stairway and wait for someone to get me. I'm glad we went on up to the gallery. Plus we got to see the great items in the gallery.

Once again, the CMs at the buffet were so nice.

AspiringCindy said:

WOW! I am hoping tp get tix for the end of July!...it seems that you are very successful getting those tickets...any tips???

To order the tickets for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet.....you have to call exactly one month ahead. For example, if you want tickets for July 27, then you call on JUNE 27th and you start dialing the phone number about 7:57am. When the recording says that they "are closed", press re-dial and keep doing that until you are put on hold and hear the music. There are only 21 tickets available for each of the 2 showings (9pm & 10:30pm) per night. By 8:10am, they are usually sold out....especially for the first showing.

So......figure out which date you want, and mark your calendar for the "calling day".......have your credit card ready (tickets are $59 each)......and start dialing the morning you want to order at 7:57am.

Here is the phone number: 1-714-781-4400. This reservation number is 'open' 365 days per year......the only thing I'm not sure about......if you want tickets for the 31st of the month.....and the previous month only has 30 days....which day you call. You can call this number anytime and ask any questions you have. They are very nice and helpful!

Hope this helps.......and, the seating on the balcony seats (first row or second row) is determined by the order of the tickets purchased. This last time, even with TWO phones on re-dial, by the time I got in, there were only 3 tickets left for the 9pm showing. Fortunately, I only needed 2 tickets, but this will be the first time DD and I sit in the second row.....but I just figure we'll get a different view.....and I'll still get tears of happiness in my eyes :p

I hope you're going toward the end of July so that you still have time to make the reservations......and yes, it's a little "pricey".....but it's such a special treat......we always just figure we're having "dessert for dinner!"
Karen

Thanks Karen!
When and if I get through, how do I avoid chit chat?...Do I just say Balcony seating for 5 people for July *?

AspiringCindy said:
Thanks Karen!
When and if I get through, how do I avoid chit chat?...Do I just say Balcony seating for 5 people for July *?

Hi Ciindy
"Just the facts".....That's what I do......especially if you want the 9pm show......I would just say, "I'd like 5 tickets for the 9pm show on July *".....I give those 3 pieces of info (number, time, date) even though they'll already know what day....because of the "exactly one month" call in.

As soon as you tell them what you want......they enter the data to check......I think I was put on hold...and after the info was entered...that's when he told me there were only 3 tickets left! My guess is the first 2 callers must have purchased big ticket orders.......because there simply wasn't time to process that many orders before ours. Our date is also a Saturday......so that might have made a difference.

I wanted to book for our last night......but then realized if I waited until that date......and didn't get reservations, I wouldn't have another chance! So we're going on our second to last night there.

Good Luck with you FB call-in.....I'm sure you'll do fine!

One set of guests that we talked to while waiting for Fantasmic to maybe begin told us that her travel agent got her the four seats she needed and she was right in front of us. So travel agents may have an inside to getting the tickets.

Travel agents don't have an inside. We have to wait like everyone else. I will be trying for my own shortly. Wish me luck.

*~*~pixie dust~*~* to everyone! May we all get our coveted balcony seats!!!

Hey AspiringCindy, if by some misfortune you don't get the balcony seating, you should still try and get the riverside seating. Yes the desserts are not as extravagant and you are a little off to the side, but you are much closer to the show! Also, you have a much better view of the fireworks afterwards.

The key for seating is that it is first come first served at check in versus assigned seating for the balcony.

Ohhhh....wish me luck on Tuesday. I'm calling it in from work since we're on the east coast. Argh...it's gonna be hard doing the redial with a calling card. Maybe I'll just take a break and go outside and do it on my cell phone...what's an extra $$ on my bill when I'm paying $$$ for two desserts? :rotfl2:

I'm going to surprise my brother with this (hopefully)...

I'll try for the first night and if that doesn't work, the second night and the absolute fall back position of the third night. (We only have 3 day hoppers!)

But wait...is it one month or two months? I thought it was two months....and what about tours...is that one or two? Maybe I'm getting it all mixed up...

pxlbarrel said:
Ohhhh....wish me luck on Tuesday. I'm calling it in from work since we're on the east coast. Argh...it's gonna be hard doing the redial with a calling card. Maybe I'll just take a break and go outside and do it on my cell phone...what's an extra $$ on my bill when I'm paying $$$ for two desserts? :rotfl2:

I'm going to surprise my brother with this (hopefully)...

I'll try for the first night and if that doesn't work, the second night and the absolute fall back position of the third night. (We only have 3 day hoppers!)

But wait...is it one month or two months? I thought it was two months....and what about tours...is that one or two? Maybe I'm getting it all mixed up...

Tickets for Fantasmic and tours, etc., are 30 days in advance (714) 781-4400, and Priority Seating arrangements to sit-down restaurants is 60 days in advance (714) 781-3463.

Yahoo, scored Fantasmic Balcony tickets for July 18th this morning. Forgot to call yesterday so I figured our chances we're slim and none. I guess everyone else was too busy with Father's Day. :yay: :yay:

Mary Jo said:
Tickets for Fantasmic and tours, etc., are 30 days in advance (714) 781-4400, and Priority Seating arrangements to sit-down restaurants is 60 days in advance (714) 781-3463.

Yow! See, this is what I'm confused about. Is it one month or 30 days?
And the phone lines open at 8am, not 7am like at WDW?

just returned from our trip and we were able to experience the balcony fantasmic seating. It was absolutely magical. Called one month in advance at a few minutes before 8 am CA time and kept redialing until a cast member answered. I am so glad that I got up early and that we were able to splurge on the tickets, because the look on my children's faces (15 and 17) was wonder-full. The desserts were lovely, but the real treat is the show.

ddoll said:
Yow! See, this is what I'm confused about. Is it one month or 30 days?
And the phone lines open at 8am, not 7am like at WDW?

When I've asked the CMs in the past they've told me one month. So if the date you want is July 28th, call on June 28th.

Phone lines open at 8:00AM.

Last Nov I was buying tickets for a family trip of 25 people.

ACDSNY said:
Yahoo, scored Fantasmic Balcony tickets for July 18th this morning. Forgot to call yesterday so I figured our chances we're slim and none. I guess everyone else was too busy with Father's Day. :yay: :yay:

Lucky you and Lucky me! I scored Fantasmic Balcony tickets for July 18th, too!! I called on the 18th, had two different phone lines dialing simultaneously. I was so excited when I got through. I was able to get tickets for 9 people, too.

I'd love to meet you and say hi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter