Fantasmic BB Dinner Package - 4.30pm too early?

Meemoo

DIS Veteran
I went ahead and booked my Fantasmic Dinner Package, for 4.30pm so insure if we need to wait for a water table we'd still be good for the show. Have I booked in too early though? What time would I need to go to the viewing area and what does everyone usually do to fill the time between the dining and show?

If you are fine with eating at that time, then you are fine. You will have time after dinner before you get into the seating area. I try and get there about 45 mins before the show, even though the ticket says 1/2 hour before the show. There are already some people sitting there, but I just can't sit on the ground longer than that. You can do anything you want to fill in the time. Ride Pirates, HM, Pooh or Spash if you don't want to go far.

We got stuck with a 4:30 time last time we went because that was the only time available and we really wanted to try it out. By the time we sat down, ordered and got our food, it was around 5:00. We ate slowly, so it didn't feel so bad. Doesn't hurt that it's dark in there, so it felt like it should be dinnertime. We also didn't eat anything big for lunch, so we were pretty hungry and the time of day didn't matter at that point.

After dinner, we just shopped next door and hung out in that area, rode pirates, etc. As for the show, we went 10-15 minutes before they said just because we were in the area and didn't want to stray too far. I was glad we did, there was a decent line and we ended up getting a rail spot, but that was before the BB and RBT areas were combined, not sure if that will make a difference.

The most recent way I've seen them do the seating for dining packages is they let them in at the same time and from the same main entrance as blue FP (so an hour before show from near HM exit) and then split them from blue once inside. So if you wanted first pick you should get there 15-30 minutes before even the start of the time. If you are fine with being at the back of the viewing section (still good view) you can show up 5 minutes before show time

We had a 4:30 BB dinner package on Sunday, 8/30. We asked for a water table and we had to wait about 40 mins. It worked out great! I must say that our meal was the best we have ever had at BB.

We checked in for our spot to watch the show about 45 mins. before the 1st show and we had a great spot. Best decision we made for this trip was to book this package!

Last edited:
We had a 4:30 BB dinner package on Sunday, 8/30. We asked for a water table and we had to wait about 40 mins. It worked out great! I must say that our meal was the best we have every had at BB.

We checked in for our spot to watch the show about 45 mins. before the 1st show and we had a great spot. Best decision we made for this trip was to book this package!

We want a water table too - I am so happy I have this booked, I think it will be a memorable experience and can't wait to see Fantasmic :-)

I think it's a perfect time because you don't completely know when you will be seated and by the time you are served it will probably be after 5 anyway. have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter