• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic and Osbourne Lights on same night

SusanJN

Earning My Ears
This might be a stupid question. How do I accomplish this? I was only able to get a F! dining package reservation for 3:40pm with F! showing at 6:30 and the park closes at 8pm. How can we do both without rushing/running from one end of the park to another? Do we see the lights before or after F!? I only have one day to do DHS.:confused3

This might be a stupid question. How do I accomplish this? I was only able to get a F! dining package reservation for 3:40pm with F! showing at 6:30 and the park closes at 8pm. How can we do both without rushing/running from one end of the park to another? Do we see the lights before or after F!? I only have one day to do DHS.:confused3

Fantasmic will end around 7:00, that will give you plenty of time to get over to Osborne Lights. Maybe 10 minute walk. Unless they have an after hours event, they will allow you to complete your walk through of the lights past 8:00.

Fantasmic will end around 7:00, that will give you plenty of time to get over to Osborne Lights. Maybe 10 minute walk. Unless they have an after hours event, they will allow you to complete your walk through of the lights past 8:00.

You're fast! It takes us 10 minutes to leave the amphiteather.

The Osbourne Lights are one of my favorite Disney attractions/event. They are amazing! :santa:

I was wondering this too. What time does it get dark in early December? Is it an option to go to Osborne then F!?

I just hope the crowd leaving F! is not planning on doing the same thing! :scratchin

Nope.

Do it the other way around.

The Osborne Lights attraction presented an unusual
problem for WDW.
When they were "acquired" by Disney from the Osborne
family (not OZZY, BTW) there was a huge amount of
national publicity about them.
Disney got a lot of "mileage" out of having them and
they needed to DISPLAY them for lots of guests to see
(after dark).
But...
Even in the winter months, it simply does not get
really DARK in Florida until about 6pm.
So the lights can't be properly viewed until that
time.
(They simply are NOT a daytime or even "regular hours"
attraction).
And the DHS park usually closes (except EMH) only an
hour or so after dark.

Since Disney spends a major (MAJOR) amount of time and
money to set-up, promote, fund the electricity and
CM's and (after the holidays) remove and store these
hundreds of thousands of lights, they needed a way
that guests could actually VIEW them.
(Otherwise, what's the POINT?)

So since, at sunset, MOST (up to 7,000) guests in DHS
are SITTING IN THE FANTASMIC! THEATER and can't SEE
the lights as it gets dark... AFTER the show, the CM's
actually ENCOURAGE the exiting crowds from Fantasmic!
to go over and see the Osborne Lights.
Even though the rest of the park is closed, the lights
are in full glory, and there are even some concessions
open for refreshments.

There are some nights when the OLights are being used
for a private "event" and regular guests are not
allowed in.
You simply will not KNOW about this unless you stop at
Guest Relations that day and ask if the OLights will
be available after Fantasmic!

As for how late?
If Fantasmic! is at 7pm, then its over at 7:25pm, most
guests are out of the theater by 7:50pm and headed to
the Osborne Lights.
I'd estimate that they would keep the OLights open for
a hour-plus, so, say 9:15pm-9:45pm would be the
approx. wrap-up.

On EMH nights, the OLights should be on and open to guests until the EHM is concluded.

You're fast! It takes us 10 minutes to leave the amphiteather.

The Osbourne Lights are one of my favorite Disney attractions/event. They are amazing! :santa:

Unless they sit at the very back, it always takes us at least 10 minutes and then just walk with the same crowd all the way to the Osborne lights. Been there, done that.

Op, I know you said you only have one night there, so this is really your only option. It will be crowded as everyone (well, a lot of them) from Fantasmic makes their way over to the lights. But it doesn't take away from the beauty of the lights just cuz your standing with a crowd. Sooooo worth it!! One of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. One year, with Tran-Siberean Orchestra's Carole of the Bells and the light show, I thought it was simply incredible!! :love:

I was wondering this too. What time does it get dark in early December? Is it an option to go to Osborne then F!?

I would say no. It get dark about 5:30ish in December, and if Fantasmic is at 6:30, you really should be lined up by 5:30 to get a decent seat.Unless you want to take your chance and walk up at the last minute. Might get a seat, probably will have to stand, might not get in at all. I used to try and go at the last minute and have all 3 happen to me. I love Fantasmic so much, so now I go plenty early to get a seat toward the bottom. I love it close!!

Ok thank you. I do have the f! Dinner package so I thought if I got there by 6:00 I would be ok for the 6:30 show.

Is it better to be there at dusk when the lights are first lit or does it not matter? If it doesn't matter we could just head over after F! If it's really better to be there when they are first lit then we can plan for a different night to be at HWS.

You can wait until closing and then head over to the lights. So I wouldn't even go right over there after Fantasmic. Ride Terror of Terror a few times until closing and then when you get over there, the crowds will have died down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter