Fantasmic and Aladdin - February 2012

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
Two quick questions for you experts:

1. Aladdin doesn't show up in the calendar after February 4th (the calendar currently goes up to the 15th). I haven't seen anything about a shut down or refurbishment (didn't they just re-do the theatre about 18 months ago?). Other than the issues with the carpet, is there something else going on that I haven't heard about?

2. Any idea when the refurbishment of the Columbia is expected to be done? It's going to be a huge bummer if we're going to miss Fantasmic.

Thanks in advance.

SS Columbia is scheduled to be down until the 18th.

The calendar needs time to fill in completely. I don't see why Aladdin won't show up as it fills in.

Two quick questions for you experts:

1. Aladdin doesn't show up in the calendar after February 4th (the calendar currently goes up to the 15th). I haven't seen anything about a shut down or refurbishment (didn't they just re-do the theatre about 18 months ago?). Other than the issues with the carpet, is there something else going on that I haven't heard about?
Unless you are a regular here you are not aware that every month - every single month - there is a post (often with more panic than yours! ;)) about why the entertainment is not being listed for the upcoming month and whether things are being canceled, etc., etc. It is just how DLR rolls. :)

2. Any idea when the refurbishment of the Columbia is expected to be done? It's going to be a huge bummer if we're going to miss Fantasmic.

According to MousePlanet:
"Fantasmic! – on hiatus at least January 23 through February 17 due to the Sailing Ship Columbia refurbishment, but may return even later in the spring."

HTH,
Bob

I was so disappointed about Fantasmic! When I booked the trip Fantasmic was there on the TP site. But they KNEW Columbia would be down for refurb. It didn't occur to me that no Columbia =no Fantasmic. Why would I know that? I haven't been to DL since I was 6 years old. If Aladdin is cancelled too that would really suck. My boys love shows! We are just hoping there will be fireworks, at least, and of course we should be able to see WOC.

Some of the ladies from the Dis Diva's trip was planning on doing the Fantasmic Dessert Seating the last weekend of February, but the CM in that is taking care of all our dining & show reservations called our contact to let us know that Fantasmic is down Jan. 9 thru Mar. 2. We also had another gal that was going for a family trip & when she called to make a ressie for the dessert seating, she was told the same thing.

Thanks all.

I'll cross my fingers that Aladdin will show up on the calendar and that Fantasmic opens up a day early (the 17th is the last day of our vacation - want to be gone before the President's day crowds show up).

Thanks all.

I'll cross my fingers that Aladdin will show up on the calendar and that Fantasmic opens up a day early (the 17th is the last day of our vacation - want to be gone before the President's day crowds show up).

Read post #7. It looks like it won't open until March 2.

Let me get this straight: is Aladdin just showing in weekends in the slower months? :confused3:
thanks!

Let me get this straight: is Aladdin just showing in weekends in the slower months? :confused3:
thanks!
During the slowest months it runs four days a week. Sometimes it's been Thurday through Sunday. Other times it's been Friday through Monday. It can also be five days a week and is all seven days during the busiest periods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter