Fanny packs?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by connie254, Jun 18, 2013.

1. germ539

germ539 Goofy is my favorite

:thumbsup2Love them, I even bought a 2013 Disney one this past trip. It has more room than the one I brought. I also use the fanny pack when I set up at craft shows, that way the money is always with me and not in a box or something that someone could pick up.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. LSchrow

LSchrow <font color=green>We're eating brussel sprouts & a

ditto :)
    since i started using cross-body baggallinis years ago, i'll never go back.
    sooooo much easier to carry, holds a lot more, no worries about items falling out, no sweaty waist (yuk) and wrinkly shirts, doesn't hurt my back....i often forget i'm carrying a baggallini, whereas fanny packs were always uncomfortable.

4. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

if you ever travel to Europe leave the fanny packs at home!!!
    Also the word fanny has a not so nice meaning in the UK. I am sure some of the UK folks are reading this and laughing

5. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Mouseketeer

Why? Is there a law against them? Or are you just trying to protect us from ridicule?

6. Happy99

Happy99 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

they aren't used in Europe. Whenever I see someone with one in Europe I know immediately they are from the states

7. racinjunkie

racinjunkie Mouseketeer

So? I'd still take one. There are people here who don't like them too, doesn't dissuade me from doing what works best for me.

8. WildGinger

WildGinger Mouseketeer

No fanny pack here. I use a crossbody bag and I pack light.

9. SPOERLX3

SPOERLX3 DIS Veteran

I agree! And I am proud to wear anything that shows I am from the states!
    And not embarrassed at all to proudly wear my fanny pack.
    I only carry my money, 1 credit card, some advil/tylenol, a travel size sun block and lip balm so it is never heavy or bulky. It the perfect size and I don't have to worry about it. I use mine anytime we are traveling, no matter where we go.

This thread is proof "to each his own" and what works best for some is not always what works best for others :thumbsup2

10. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
    Not a big fan of people with overstuffed backpacks.

11. dizcrazee

dizcrazee DIS Veteran

It has a not so nice meaning in the U.S. too. They started out being called "waist packs", but somehow that has changed to "fanny packs" over the years. I've never understood why they're called fanny packs - they don't go around bottoms, they go around waists. :confused3

12. Cindy's Mom

Cindy's Mom DIS Veteran

I have a Coach body cross over. When I don't wear it over the body, I unhook and tighten the strap and wear it around my waist. Works like a charm.

13. SPOERLX3

SPOERLX3 DIS Veteran

That is awesome! that would be the answer for everyone on the board:rotfl:

14. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

We were there in April and I used my fanny pack, a back sack, and a crossbody bag -- not all at the same time, of course. On the days when I needed to tote the rainwear, I used the back sack and it was wonderful. I switched back and forth between the crossbody and fanny pack -- both get uncomfortable after a while. Sometimes I just slung the fanny pack over my shoulder too. And for pictures, I just hid things behind me.

15. babydoll65

babydoll65 please stand clear of the doors, por favor manteng

This is a cute thread. For all the years I've gone to disney, I've always brought my fanny bag. But when I went with my sister in 2011 she couldn't believe I was still using one. She also had a Vera Bradley crossover. So this year I've decided to buy a light crossover bag from LeSport it's accutally very comfortable. After I got it I saw that they sell a disney one with the characters from its a small world.

16. tarak

tarak DIS Veteran

According to friends of mine in Australia, fanny pack is a term for a sanitary napkin. You can probably guess what fanny means.

I've never found them to be comfortable. I have a small backpack that I use for the parks. I don't find it to be particularly comfortable, either. After so many hours, I think carrying anything isn't fun. I might try a cross-body and see how that goes.

17. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

I just ordered a men's cross the shoulder bag from eBags.com, so my DH can help carry our stuff when we are in the parks.

18. kirby428

kirby428 Mousejunkie Wannabe

I always called them hip sacks and positioned my in front so I could swing arms freely while walking. Dislike bulging trouser pockets as well. Now I use an iPad and carry it in a Targus cross body bag. It can be suspended in front or in back or at the side. There is room for my pet gila monster and stereo glasses and my Kodak Instamatic with flash cubes.

19. Belleandtinker

Belleandtinker DIS Veteran

The Fashion Police have so many other "uncool" items to report - fanny packs might not even make the list.

My DH has been wearing a fanny pack on Disney vacations since our first trip. It's like a mini purse. Not not being too huge, it carries our camera, video recorder, tickets, money, pennies, etc.

FYI - He only wears it when we are at Disney.

The last fanny pack we bought was from Target. When we went to sporting good stores they were too big for us.

Try it, you migh like it!

20. Batgirl67

Batgirl67 Mouseketeer

My DB brings out the fanny pack for all our family vacations. I can't tease him since he pulls it off. Me, with an ample waist, doesn't pull it off well, so I generally use a cross-body or small backpack.

21. Paranurse

Paranurse Earning My Ears

I use a photographers vest. Each child is assigned a pocket. Granted, this is best used during the cooler months but then again, that is the only time we travel to WDW.