• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fanny Packs! There! I said it out loud!

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
I find that going to WDW is the perfect time to reach back into the 80s and pull out that oh-so-stylish accessory... the fanny pack. :thumbsup2

I mean who wants to lug a pocketbook all day?

Last time, I noticed my DH casually handed me his glasses, phone and other man things once we got in the park. I looked at his hand full of stuff and said, "What is this?? Noooo....I have the fanny pack to hold all my girl stuff. If you wanted a fanny pack you should have said so!" ;)

Of course he said, under no terms did he want a fanny pack. :cool2:

Soooo...I have purchased something on ebay as of last night for my DH.

It's a camo fanny pack! Totally manly in all the right places and something I think he will wear!

So do you pull out the fanny pack for your wdw trips? And what do our UK friends call this, as I know fanny is not a nice word over there.. (I found this out once when I called to my dog, 'Annie Fannie' whilst on the phone with my british friend. She howled with laughter and told me the meaning...whoops!)

I LOVE my fanny pack!!!! I am such a geek that I actually don't mind wearing one at WDW.

It is much easier to carry all your stuff without having to hold something all day. And it doesn't bother my neck or shoulders like a backpack or shoulder bag would. I never have to worry about forgetting it on a ride or after a stop. A perfect way to carry all those green purchase delivery slips!! :lmao:

In fact I just found a great one on ebay that has a cute Tigger on the front and a pretty sturdy strap & buckle. :cool1:

Just bought my fanny pack off ebay as well. It has Donald, Mickey and Goofey on the front with lots of zippers but still small in size. I love it! No more caring shoulder bags or more items than necessary to get through the day. YAY! My back and shoulders will thank me after my 1st day in the parks.

I've used one for my last several trips. I was thinking about switching to a drawstring backpack this next trip, but it is so convenient.

I too, did something about toting my husbands small necessities around on my upcoming trip - it gets so annoying - I planned a trip without him!

I too, did something about toting my husbands small necessities around on my upcoming trip - it gets so annoying - I planned a trip without him!

:lmao::lmao:

He denies doing it, haha! But I sure remember it! He swears I'm hallucinating and says he is worried about me.

Well, hallucinating or not, my manly husband is going to be sporting a very stylish camo fanny pack come October! :thumbsup2

Lol.. I was googling for a small backpack and finally said forget it and decided on a fannypack.. Now called hip packs or something like that.. They need to make a come back! I'm into bodybuilding as well so this will be extra fun :)

Whether I wear a fanny all depends on the temps when I go. I usually go in Sept and it's still hot. I always wear sundresses and found that it was much cooler without the fanny blocking the air flow. However, last year I went in Nov. and I wore my fanny. My friend who I went with also wore a fanny.

Whether I wear a fanny all depends on the temps when I go. I usually go in Sept and it's still hot. I always wear sundresses and found that it was much cooler without the fanny blocking the air flow. However, last year I went in Nov. and I wore my fanny. My friend who I went with also wore a fanny.

yes...yes I did! lol I LIVE for the fanny pack!!! I watch people getting in and out of their backpacks for every single ride and I just shake my head. Who looks like the dork now!!!!???:rotfl::rotfl::dance3:

So do you pull out the fanny pack for your wdw trips? And what do our UK friends call this, as I know fanny is not a nice word over there.. (I found this out once when I called to my dog, 'Annie Fannie' whilst on the phone with my british friend. She howled with laughter and told me the meaning...whoops!)

You said fanny! :rotfl2:

Typically called a bum bag in Oz. And pretty rare.

Wow! That's a fanny pack??

They sure have come a long way! :thumbsup2

While on etsy, I searched for fanny packs and my eyes fell upon a mostly nekkid man wearing a leather fanny pack! Eww!! :crazy2::crazy2:

I'm still trying to rub that out of my eyes! :p

Wow! That's a fanny pack?? They sure have come a long way! :thumbsup2 While on etsy, I searched for fanny packs and my eyes fell upon a mostly nekkid man wearing a leather fanny pack! Eww!! :crazy2::crazy2: I'm still trying to rub that out of my eyes! :p

Lol oh no!!!! Nasty!

But I do love the other one. Cute, functional, and not too fanny pack-esque

I saw Tory Burch on the Toaday Show this weekend and she has a "Belt Bag".
Probably more than I would spend for a little bag but it was cute.

I saw Tory Burch on the Toaday Show this weekend and she has a "Belt Bag".
Probably more than I would spend for a little bag but it was cute.

The girls at work were talking about these today! I got a little overly excited. lol I just bought a new one from Amazon that will be perfect for hiding under my shirt to avoid the dreaded locker dance at Universal next month.:rolleyes: Not your standard fanny pack.

http://www.amazon.com/iFitness-Doub...0852162&sr=8-6&keywords=ifitness+running+belt

have one for years and I mean years.

having your money taken when away from your desk at work - was enough for me.

for years have been using the fanny pack and still love it. Now it is leather and looks a little better than most. but my left hand is always close by it. Plus when you get tired and your back hurts - put it on the place that hurts and it can actually help.
:hyper:

just because it is leather does not mean expensive - there is a leather store in my neighbor and they make them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter