• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

fanny packs & socks

alliecats

DIS Veteran
Hi, this is sort of budget-related and I don't know where it would fit better as to boards.
Does anyone know where a girl can get a fanny pack???? I just want a small, cheap nylon one that will not look enormous on me. All I have found are giant leather ones. I have looked at Target & WalMart in the purse sections and haven't seen any at all! And I don't want to pay leather prices--it just needs to be big enough for a disposable camera, a cell phone, and my tickets & card, & cash.

Also, are cool max socks worth the $$? I have plenty of socks but would be willing to buy new ones if they really will keep my feet more comfortable. Please advise. :wave2:

I saw some simple ones at ebay .. I have the same problem - I could not find any at the local Walmart or Target, so I 'll have to go with ebay. My only concern is that I can't get an idea of how big they are - it is hard to see just from the pictures..

Look in the luggage section at Walmart. I have seen inexpensive nylon ones here.

I bought coolmax socks last summer and really liked them. I think I found them at target so they weren't too expensive.

I bought a fann pack before one of our trips, then found one at Disney I had to have and it is perfect! I have used it ever since. So, you could always wait....it's a good size, not too large and not too small and has three compartments.
I didn't notice much difference when I tried Cool Max socks. Many people rave about them, so I had to try! I think I got them at TJ Maxx or maybe it was Marshalls.

I got my dd's fanny packs at Wal-Mart. Ask someone there if they are just out of them. They were near the beach bags and purses. They are nylon and fit everything they needed including water bottles. They were a bit big but we just tied a knot in them. Maybe try another Wal-Mart in your area. They cost us only about 4 bucks each. Hope this helps.:)

i found mine at a thrift store. durable and not too big or small and they were only 50 cents. already have them stored for next year.:tongue:

I bought my fanny pack at Kmart for $5.00 but that was about 8 months ago. Not sure if they still have them in stock or not. I'm not sure what socks you are talking about but I buy the running socks at the Footlocker and I swear by them. They are expensive they are around $10.00/each but once you wear them you fall in love with them and can't wear regular socks anymore. I also put the Dr. Scholl's insoles in my sneakers hitting the pavement with these two items are not so hard on your feet. Another tip so you don't get blisters is: put vaseline on your feet. I've walked two marathons and I did these during the marathons and walking around Disney. I never get blisters.

I got mine at Walmart just last week. It was in the purses/bags/backpack section. There was one for 3.96 and another for 5.96. The 3.96 one had a mesh bag to hold your water bottle. The 5.96 one feels more durable and has three pockets. They had black, blue, purple, and neon pink.

I would try Walmart again. Sometimes they're just buried under the big huge backpacks.

If not... try Dicks Sporting Goods. Good Luck.

I bought my fanny pack at the Kissimee Waalmart. It had a Disney slogan on it. I think I paid just a few dollars. I love these and do no desire toi do the parks without one..

What are these Cool socks? Are they cold?/

Tigger

Tigger1, cool max socks supposedly are made up in a way that they can "wick away" sweat--drawing it away from your skin. This is supposed to help prevent blisters. I would think it would keep feet from feeling so sweaty & gross, too!

Last year in June at WDW my feet swelled so bad during walking (have no idea why, I don't have a medical condition to cause that, was only 30 at the time, and it has never happened before--maybe the heat??) that my big toes were pushing against the tops of the shoes. I had huge blood bruises under both my big toenails. They have just now grown out! So I went up a size when I bought new athletic shoes & am going out of my way to keep my feet comfortable this year. I am sure they will swell again. :wave2: But I'd rather have ugly toenails than miss Disney.

I see these a lot at yard sales. I always buy any nice looking one I see so there are always spares around the house. You can often get them for as low as 50 cents.

Sheila

I found mine at Academy, its a big sporting goods store. They had all sizes at very resonable prices. Mine is medium sized with a water bottle on the side. I think it was $12. All sporting goods stores probably sell them.

I know nothing about the socks!

Good luck and have a great trip!

Katy Belle

nutztogo.com has a great selection of fanny packs that aren't enormous...

Coolmax socks are really worth the $$ if you will be wearing leather sneakers...it will help prevent painful blisters!

E.:sunny:

I was just in Walmart yesterday and they had a HUGE selection of fanny pack with the purses. Now these weren't here last week so you may check walmart again as tehy are putting spring items out now.

I looked at Target this morning for Coolmax socks. The only ones they had were really thin. Is this the way they are supposed to be? I guess I'm just used to my plain thick white socks. Are they all this thin? Honestly, they reminded me of those little nylon footie things my mom wears inside her gardening shoes. Do you wear them with other socks to give your feet some cushioning inside your shoes? I'm confused. lol.

alliecats,
I don't know about the socks, but I got this tip from the boards on our last trip.
I got aerosol Rightguard (anti perspirant) to spray on my DHs feet. Of course he got a big hehaw out of it, but after years of ignoring my wisdom at his expense he sprayed them. His feet stayed completely sweat free for a whole day at Disney. He now uses deodorant on his feet every day and thinks I am brilliant!!!!
:p

Lisa AF, brilliant!!! I will have to try it! :wave2:

I think someone else said something about the coolmax socks being thin...I think they are on purpose, because the socks are a lightweight weave that gets rid of sweat fast. Maybe if they were thicker, they would not be so efficient. I am not sure which will be more comfortable--cushy socks, or that dryweave stuff. One thing I do not want is a painful seam digging into my pinky toe. That is toe hell. Maybe the way to go is cushy socks & Right Guard! : ) If your feet stay dry, that should help reduce blisters. :wave2:

The kind I bought were cushy on the bottom and light weight on the top. I know I bought them at Target last summer but I have no idea what brand they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter