Fanny packs, front packs, etc.......

I use a lanyard with a pouch for carrying tickets/room key /fast passes/ money or sometimes I'll use a small wristlet for my cell phone.

I do have a fanny pack if I need to carry more items though :thumbsup2

I have a pack that can be worn like a mini hipster or it attaches around the waste. I bought it years ago and I love it.

I mainly wear it diagonally across my body, but I have wore it like a fanny pack.

Who cares what other people think. Most people should be to busy having fun with their families to worry about what other people are wearing :)

I've worn a fanny pack (do I call it a waist pack if I keep the bag in front?) but honestly, it does get kind of cumbersome sometimes. Did someone out there think I looked like a dork? Most likely. Do I care? Not in the last. However, on our last trip I switched to a small crossbody bag and really liked it. Didn't have any problems with rides either.

I used to, but now I have a Disney backpack that I wear. I like that better. I try not to carry to much in it, and if I do, then I get a locker rental.

Although not very fashionable the fanny pack is the way to go. The camera in a pastic bag and money and park tickets where I can get them.

I would happily switch to something better if it didn't mean carrying a man-purse.

I will NOT wear crocs, with or without socks!!!!:rotfl:

Would you wear one? How do you carry your small items? :confused3

Yes, I've always worn a fanny pack at Disney - and other amusement parks. I wouldn't be caught dead in one otherwise, but it make sense to have free hands at the parks.

If I didn't need to carry stuff, I would just stuff them in my pockets, But there's no way my cameras et. al. will fit in my pockets.

My DH wears the fanny pack in this family and I love him for it. :love:

It's really practical for our needs. The last time we went I carried one of those shapeless backpack bags and hated it. The strings dug into my shoulders and my back was sweaty the whole time. Never again. I've thought about a messenger bag, but we honestly just don't carry that much stuff with us in the parks, so it's overkill.

I did a fanny pack on our very first trip, but didn't find it very comfortable.

Close to what I have but still a little too big.

I have one of these and have tried it on two trips-it got through 1/2 a day before it went back in the suitcase and I brought out my smaller bag.

Unfortunately after 10+ trips my small bag is ready for retirement. Every time a bag thread comes up I look to see if there is anything close to my old favorite bag and could never find anything.

I FINALLY found something close and I think it's going to be great. It's a baggallini Bon Voyage bag. It is the exact size of my other bag with a few more pockets and it's lighter material. I found mine on ebay for less than 1/2 of what ebags wanted for it, used but in like new shape. I would have liked a different color, I have the tomato red, but the price was right. I am looking forward to using it in June :banana:

This should hold everything I need-camera, phone, tickets,id, small brush, disposable ponchos, meds, small hand lotion,chap stick and small sunscreen. Perfect :thumbsup2

http://www.ebags.com/product/baggallini/bon-voyage-bagg-crinkle-nylon/107671?productid=1283533

I should also have said that EVERYONE in my family carries his/her own things, so every one of us (even my DS who was 4 the last time we went) wears his/her own fanny pack.

I've got enough of my own stuff to carry without carrying for other people. Everyone carries his own stuff and most usually in a fanny pack. Those, this next time I think I'll consider a cross-body bag.

I say to each his own! Crocs with socks and fanny pack threads make the DIS more fun. :rotfl2:

No fanny pack for me, ever. I wear trousers (long or short depending on the season) and they have pockets for storing the essentials. Our kids are 9 and 11 now so they can carry their own stuff although they usually don't carry anything. We bought a small Canon Powershot for the parks which works great for the average photographer like me. The DSLR usually stays at the resort but we lug it to the parks a couple of times per week to get that Christmas card photo, etc.

I know, I know...I need to mature and not worry about what I wear to the parks but I'm still not there yet!:goodvibes

Nope...I WISH they were cooler...or that everyone wore them, b/c aside from looking dorky..they really are useful.

My first trip to Vegas, i went w/my fiance and my parents...my dad convinced me everyone wore fanny packs...so he got me one..i wore it..yep...all the old folks had them on, I was 20...:rotfl2: I felt so stupid...and worse yet...I didn't think to take it off for photos...so all the photos of me from that trip are wearing that bright red fanny pack around my waist. I destroyed them all :rotfl:

I'm not quite that vain anymore, but still to this day, all I can think of is all the old people walking around complimenting me on my red fanny pack...no thanks, I'll think of something else for our disney trip :)

I have a small Coach cross body bag that I use. It's the perfect size and you are still hands free.

Uh uh :scared1: on the fanny packs. If it doesn’t fit in a Jack Spade messenger bag DH and I don’t bring it!

Would you wear one? How do you carry your small items? :confused3

DH wears his and swears by it, no matter how much I make fun of him :goodvibes

ALTHOUGH I still end up carrying the majority of our things around in my bag... :confused3

I don't Disney without it! I love my fanny pack! I don't have to worry about carrying anything on my shoulders or removing it for a ride.

Nope...I WISH they were cooler...or that everyone wore them, b/c aside from looking dorky..they really are useful.

My first trip to Vegas, i went w/my fiance and my parents...my dad convinced me everyone wore fanny packs...so he got me one..i wore it..yep...all the old folks had them on, I was 20...:rotfl2: I felt so stupid...and worse yet...I didn't think to take it off for photos...so all the photos of me from that trip are wearing that bright red fanny pack around my waist. I destroyed them all :rotfl:

I'm not quite that vain anymore, but still to this day, all I can think of is all the old people walking around complimenting me on my red fanny pack...no thanks, I'll think of something else for our disney trip :)

:lmao::lmao::rotfl:

Funny story, made me laugh. I carry a small bag across my shoulders. Just big enough to fit a small camera, money, tickets ect.

My DD11 is the fanny pack wearer in our family. When she started losing her lanyard, sunglasses etc, I suggested she use a small bag I had that I rarely use any more. Well it is pink and she wanted no part of that. We were looking in Wal-Mart for bags, and she selected a fanny pack. She liked that there wasn't a strap that would go across her shoulders.

I don't care for them. I find them uncomfortable. I prefer a small messenger bag.

I wear a small cross-body bag that holds everything I need, doesn't look stupid on my waist (I'm fat enough without having to draw attention to my waist/butt) and I can clip my water bottle to it, too.

We tried fanny packs for a while, but it can be taxing on your back walking all day with the heavy fanny pack.. We opted to bring a small backpack this last trip. It easily carries our autograph books, keys, and anything else we could need to put into it throughout the day.

Lumbar pack with the option of being a backpack or a fanny pack, $40 at Cabelas.

s7_517655_012_01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter