• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fanny Packs for Kids?

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
I've decided to save my back on our next trip by having everyone carry their own snacks and drink boxes in a fanny pack instead of in a backpack.

Does anyone know what type of fanny pack will be good for an 8 and 9 yo? Where can I find a kid's size pack? Or, do I just take a safety pin for an adult-sized one for each?

I just received 2 for my kids for our April trip. They are large enough to hold a disp. camera and our homemade "autograph" books with a little room left for a snack. I ordered them from e-bags - I believe they are called "youth" packs - the brand was smiley.

I had the same idea as you did this past February. We waited until we got to our resort and then I had the kids pick out their own Disney fanny packs. My children are both quite slim so the packs were too big--luckily I had my travel sewing kit with me and cinched them up to fit. The packs carried their disposable cameras, sunglasses, snacks, gums, sugar-free candy and some change... It worked out perfectly and they were so proud to have their own and to be carrying their own stuff!!

I bought two of them... different colors from ebags. The total for them... with shipping... under $18. Best of all, the bags look like they are smiling!

Thanks for all your responses!

Check out your local thrift stores.

I have an 8 yr old and a 14 yr old. The sizes are confusing for me. I cannot find a "youth" size. I did see a "childrens" but not sure if it will be for an 8 yr old or younger.

Thanks, Teresa

Originally posted by MickeyHereWeCome!
We got fanny packs for the family at http://shop.store.yahoo.com/shopbags/fannypacks.html

They had youth sizes that fit well and were big enough to hold the autograph books, pens, and a bunch of snacks. My middle child is only 3, and we were able to adjust hers to fit without needing pins etc.

The Everest childrens fanny pack on this site is only 3 1/2" high - I measured the autograph book to be 4" - did you get this pack and did the book fit in it? Thanks!

We just went in Feb. and I bought my 10 dds at Walmart. They were only like $4 or so and they carried their camera, water bottle, KTTW cards and autograph book. oh and thier ponchos. They were a little big but we just tied a knot in them to make them fit!:p

I got some at e-bags for my kids in December, they are the only ones I've ever found that fit their waist. I ordered two from another online hiking shop, and they were so small, they would barely fit a pack of gum. My son is soooooooooo skinny, that even pinning adult ones would not work for him. The e-bags ones worked great.

Erika

Try wal-mart. I found small slingpacks for my kids. They are big enough to hold the snacks, autograph book and camera, and still have room for the small purchases that all kids make. My kids are 11 and 9.

Marie

The DIS store sells lime green ones... anyone know what size they are?

The time before last we got cheap kids packs at Wmart, glasses got broken on rides. Last time at WDW we got padded, smal, womens sizes from EMS and they were more comfortable and nothing got broken... of course they were $14 instead of $4 but they are using them again this april as they are made of a heavier denier nylon packcloth.

Have a great day

We got our delivery from ebags yesterday. The packs are a nice size and fit the kids perfectly. Plus, they're cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter