Fanny pack for kids

iu97alum

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a good recommendation for fanny packs for kids? I defintely want to get one for my 4yo. Not sure about my 2 1/2 yo though.

Thanks!

I was thinking about this for our next trip. I couldn't find much by googling "youth fanny pack", but this site did come up and it looks reasonable.

DH says we'll stick with our current system (I have a fanny pack, he carries a backpack with water, snacks, etc) -- if it isn't broken, don't fix it ;)

http://www.junglestuff.com/ci_fanny.php

Good luck!

kids may not be a big fan of fanny packs packs but its always worth a try

We bought ours at walmart in Fl. unfortunatly they were big so I had to pin them. Then when we got home I had to sew them. They were cheap and had mickey on them. They also fit autograph books.

It's a promotion they have offered during hurricane season (generally mid Aug-end Sept.) This is the third year they have offered it and third year we are going with it. The booking for the promotion started around April 12 and ended I think June 24. It's an awesome deal. You have to stay at a disney resort in a non discounted room and they offer their dining plan for free. For us we go for 10 days and we are 2A and 2 C. So, between the 4 of us we eat about $1700. of food for FREE!!

Our kids have all used their own fanny packs since they were 3. We got tired of carrying everything that was theirs and ours. The little ones got either the small cheaper ones at walmart or if they used their souv. $ to get the character hug ones, they used those. The bigger ones now fit into the adult ones. If the strap is too long we tied a knot right by the buckle and put that on the side and it never bothers them.
They each carry their own autograph book, pen, pennies and quarters for the day, gum, candy, pins, tiny fans and whatever else they feel is vital to their survival. Our one son insists on having emergency bandaids, even though we carry these in our park backpack.:)
This allows them to take on responsibility for their own things and feel more a part of the trip when they have to pack it each morning while we are packing our bags.

I got ours on Ebay. Searc Kid's Fanny Pack or Disney Fanny Pack. One word of advice....check the pictures. We got a rectangular shaped one with multiple pockets. The ones that are "triangular shaped" don't have as much interior room. A lot of those seem to be PVC plastic too. Look for something more durable. I think we got it for 10 bucks with shipping.

I got ours on Ebay. Searc Kid's Fanny Pack or Disney Fanny Pack. One word of advice....check the pictures. We got a rectangular shaped one with multiple pockets. The ones that are "triangular shaped" don't have as much interior room. A lot of those seem to be PVC plastic too. Look for something more durable. I think we got it for 10 bucks with shipping.

That's great. Thanks so mujch for the tips!

I just got one for my 4 year old. To be honest, I was more concerned about getting one for the security (I know she'll have id if she gets lost), so I wasn't concerned about how much it held, only that it fit. The one I found was from Gearlab through Amazon.com. It's perfect for us. With shipping it was less than $12.00. It holds her camera, snacks, and a few things for entertainment (note pad, small pencil, pipe cleaners, stickers). It will not fit a regular autograph book. I does fit a 4 year old perfectly, which is rare!

I bought my 4 and my 7 year old each a buzz lightyear fanny pack that I found on ebay.Its just the right size for an autograph book and a couple small thing.Then I bought them each a waterbottle holder with a belt loop,so they can attach that to their fanny packs.

I'm all for fanny packs for kids!! It's a great way to sneak them into the park!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Another ebay fan. I got my girls their fanny packs from ebay. DD9 got a Disney Princess' one and DD7 got a Tinkerbell one. They haven't seen them yet (surpise for our trip), but they are going to love them. I paid $10 for one and $6 for the other one and that included shipping. They are plenty big enough to hold all their stuff- autograph books, snacks, camera, drink mix for their water bottles (I got those from the Dollar Tree for of course $1, they attach to the strap on their fanny packs), and anything else they think they might need.

12 days until Disney :jumping1: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter