Family Traditions on Holiday

tony64

<font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font
We have a tradition of taking a photo of all of us stood in front of the Mickey flower bed as you enter MK and I was wondering if anyone else had any similar or more unusual family traditions on holiday?
Us in 2005
florida05038b.jpg

Us in 2003
Florida2003a073.jpg

We have a photo from every another year since 1997 and the children have changed so much.

Hi

I guess for my family it is always meeting at the icecream parlour on main street. Usually there is a least 8 of us that go at one time so when we go and do our own thing we always end up back at the icecream parlour!!!

We always go to AK on the first morning and have breakfast with Donald :)

Now we have Joseph I want to do a photo in the same place for every trip like you!

Great pictures :thumbsup2

Always buy a re-fillable drink mug within moments of checking in

Always go to AK on first day

Always buy a choc chip cookie from the Main St bakery

Always cry at the fireworks! :rotfl2:

Refillable mug straight away, usually thirsty after the flight.

Picture in front of MK castle.

Hunt down chip and dale for DD

Crazy golf

Always go to Publix the day we arrive...always go to Universal the first full day...akways take plenty of photos of Joshua, especially playing in the pool or at the parks....always say we are going to Clearwater beach and never do!!

Always go to the Magic Kingdom first and always ride BTM first. :Pinkbounc

We always go to MK on the first day. Have a coffee in Sleepy Hollow and dinner in Liberty Tree Tavern :goodvibes

Always buy the refillable mugs as soon as we get there

Always have 2 weeks off sleeping with DH....as we take it in turns every night to swap beds and share the bed with our 2 sons (GREAT!!) :cool1:

Always check out the Disney presenter on the TV at the Disney hotel and compare them to the previous ones!!

Always make sure we take a photo of our first Strawbwrry Daquri (with extra rum) which is always drank on the first night (along with several others!!) :cool1:

ALWAYS go to mk on the boat

ALWAYS have a photo with mickey

ALWAYS ride potc and shout "we wants the redhead"

I take a photo of DH and DDs (or whoever else makes up the rest of the group) on the path between the MK hub and Adventureland, with the castle in the background. We have 9 of these photos so far :)

They used to be in a line of frames along a wall in our hall, but we'd just run of of space for any more... then we had an extension built last summer, so we've got plenty of room for lots more now! We didn't have the extension just for the photos, honestly! ;) On our just-the-two-of-us trip in two weeks time :hyper: , DH and I aren't planning to visit MK, so we won't be able to take a photo this time and will have to break with tradition.

We also used to always have breakfast in Tony's in MK on our first morning, but that has sadly gone by the board now.

Hilary we have the pictures around a mirror in the dining room and i am pleased to say there is enough room for at least two more :thumbsup2
We also have some other traditions
always go to walmart on our first full day as we are awake by 5.30 normally and there is not alot open at that time of day.
White chocolate and macadamian nut cookies from the Croissant Moon in IOA.
My son would like to start a new one as we have brought him an early Xmas present of a new/secondhand guitar from a pawnbrokers shop on the last 2 trips but that is one tradition i intend to stop. :rotfl:

Hilary said:
They used to be in a line of frames along a wall in our hall, but we'd just run of of space for any more... then we had an extension built last summer, so we've got plenty of room for lots more now! We didn't have the extension just for the photos, honestly! ;)

Really ;) I don't believe you....

Our traditions are

ALWAYS buy the resort mugs

ALWAYS go to MGM Studios(even for an hour) on the first night

ALWAYS go to Epcot on the first full day

ALWAYS have photos with Stitch and Goofy

ALWAYS buy a photo frame and Christmas decorations

ALWAYS book another holiday when we get back

The last one Mandy is definately the best tradition!! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter