family style served dinners?

petunia

DIS Veteran
Just wondering at WCC, LTT and Ohana's ( I think) the meals are served family style, so does that mean if we want more of a specific thing we can ask, or is it just whatever they bring out?:confused3

The WCC skillet is family style, but there are also regular plated items on the menu as well. LTT, 'Ohana breakfast and dinner, Garden Grill, and CRT breakfast are also served family style. I love those types of meals, so much more relaxing than buffet, yet with more variety than ordering a plate off a regular menu.

It you're asking about 'refills' of items that are included in the meal, yes. Just let them know that you would like more of a certain item and they will bring it out....and sometimes, you don't even need to ask.

Oops. I didn't exactly answer the question, did I? Sorry about that. That's what happens when you have too many windows open and are replying to too many threads at one time. :rolleyes1

Just wondering at WCC, LTT and Ohana's ( I think) the meals are served family style, so does that mean if we want more of a specific thing we can ask, or is it just whatever they bring out?:confused3

1) Yes, they replace empties.
2) Or, since it is "Family-Style", just reach over to the next table and grab.

Example - the family style skillet at Whispering Canyon has:

Mixed greens with apple vinaigrette dressing, fresh baked cornbread with mashed potatoes, coleslaw, cowboy beans and seasonal vegetables.
Smoked pork ribs, pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, Peel-n-Eat shrimp

You've never had pulled port so everyone tries it. No one likes it at all. But, everyone loves the chicken and the beans. The salad is done and you don't think you want more. The veggies are "eh" with the kids. The cornbread has been demolished.

Order more chicken, beans and cornbread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter