• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family Scavenger Hunt?

cheyita

<font color=FF99FF>If you believe in the Tag Fairy
I read about the "Disney's Family Magic Tour" in Birnbaum's. Have any of you tried this, and is it worth the extra $? Do you get to see anything new and different? I love things like scavenger hunts, but would like someone's opinion before spending more cash. Thanks.

I don't know what the "Disney's Family Magic Tour" involves. But since you mentioned a scavanger hunt..had some info...The site "GiftsofaLifetime.com" sets up special events at Disney World. I had them do a scavenger hunt for my husband's 30th b-day and it was really cool. It ws something really different and exciting. The grown-ups and the kids loved it. You could always e-mail them and get some ideas for special events they can plan. Have fun!

You could do your own Hidden Mickey hunt by getting the book 'WDW's Hidden Mickeys' by Barrett. It lists HM's at all parks, resorts, restaurants etc and has clues that you can read out and keep track all day to see who finds the most HM's. Just an idea that's a little less costly.

I organize similar events at Disneyland ... would think it would be a lot of fun to do something at WDW :)

Try this website www.wdisneyw.co.uk/huntmk.html
This was the hundred questions in Magic Kingdom. I printed it out a year ago but I found it on this website. I hope this is correct. We forgot it on our last trip but will try this Thanksgiving. The Animal Kingdom scavenger hunt is listed as well.

The review on the wdwig site was exactly what I needed. While it doesn't appear to have any "behind the scenes" stuff, it looks like a lot of fun for my girls (ages 7 and 4). Thanks for the info.

Cheyita-

After our event, I would be happy to post a review of our experience. We also have scheduled an event (scavenger hunt)at EPCOT through Gifts of a Lifetime for DD's 10 & 5.

It also looks like your trip is similiar to ours. We have 3 nights in a 2BR at OKW, 3 day DCL, and 5 nights in a 2BR at BCV.

Have fun.

Kevin Taylor

Thanks - please do post your experience. Although...I'm not sure you'll be home by the time we leave. We actually head out of town the night of Nov. 7. Also, let me know what you thought of the Food & Wine Festival, since we'll be at BCV during that and figured it will be worth checking out, although I expect the girls not to be too enthusiastic about it.

Enjoy!

cheyita, we have been to the food and wine festival several times and my boys(6 yrs old when we first attended it) loved it. There are booths set up all around World Showcase and you can sample things at each booth. The samples are small so if they didn't like something it wasn't a big deal, and if they did, we got them more. They also liked it because we could eat without spending alot of time in a resaurant, and because of the variety, everyone found something they liked sooner or later. Their favorite was the bratwurst in Germany, but there were many other things they liked too.

Dh, DD (7), (2) and myself went on the Disney's Magic Tour (scavenger hunt) two years ago. I really thought it was worth it if you have the extra $$$$. We were the only family so it was pretty special.

At that time, you are with a guide and it's was all based around Peter Pan. You used clues that are on a scroll to take you all through Magic Kindom. We stopped at Buzz Light Year and the Alladin rides, with no wait because the CM took us to the front of the line.

Some of the clues were easy and some were hard but CM always helped you. You act very goofy and silly, just being a kid. My oldest DD was TOTALY embarrassed!! But thats just her age.

The best part was the end when a character (we had Mary Poppins) met us and asked my oldest daughter to pick her fav ride in Fantasyland and Mary Poppins rode with our family!!!! Talk about memories. It was cooooooooooool!!

Anyway, my advice if you have the extra time & $$$$ go for it.
Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter