• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

family reunion Lake George NY

dpratt68

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of having a reunion/50th anniversary party with 22 of us at Lake George next year. Can anyone suggest the best way to book this and possibly even reccommend places to stay? We will need one handicap accessible room.

anyone??? This is my in-laws favorite place to go but I have no experience here and we are trying to surprise them.

Not sure what type of accommodations you are looking for but we just visited The Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge and it was very nice as far as Lake George goes. It was just refurbished last year. It's no Sagamore but it's old time Lake George, but nice. If your parents have been going there since the sixties (like our family has) it's the old Victor Vito place in Diamond Point.

Very nice, very clean. Nice pool area. They also have cabins.

Good luck planning.

Thanks I will look into that. I think cabins might be best then those who want to cook their meals can.

Are you looking for a place with a conference/banquet room or just a nice place to stay? I live about 10 minutes from Lake George and may be able to help.

Thanks I will check that link out. I'm not sure that we need a conference banquet room. I think the siblings want to keep it simple and just go away as a group.

BEST place in Lake George is Holiday inn Turf!! Great for families, lots of activities for kids and children under 12 eat FREE from the kids menu with any paying adult!!
We go every year and Love it, newly renovated too!!!:cool1:

Are you looking for a place with a conference/banquet room or just a nice place to stay? I live about 10 minutes from Lake George and may be able to help.

Can you recommend a good lunch/dinner cruise? We want to go on one, but only if the food is good. Otherwise, we'll just do the cruise and eat somewhere else. We're going there on Monday. Thanks!

www.canoeislandlodge.com It is also in Diamond Point.

Two meals a day are included during the summer. Sailing and boating is also included. There is an activities director who plans lots of fun stuff for the kids to do. Daily housekeeping is included, as are linens. Lunch and water-skiing are available for an extra charge. Summer prices are generally for week-long stays (Sat to Sat). There are lots of family reunions.

There is no pool but we don't find we need one. The beach at the lake is very nice, with lots of chairs, and CIL owns Canoe Island in the middle of the lake. There are shuttles to and from the island every hour and there is a beautiful beach there (shhh, don't tell anyone). They serve breakfast on the island once a week, which we really look forward to. We generally don't leave the property the entire week we are there, except to do some grocery shopping.

There are many different types of accomodations available - some with kitchens.

It isn't fancy, but it's very relaxing. Next week will be our 4th summer (5th visit over all) there with our family. I can't wait!

Denae

There is a hotel right across the street from the Great Escape amusement park that has an indoor waterpark and a Johnny Rockets restaurant.

There is a hotel right across the street from the Great Escape amusement park that has an indoor waterpark and a Johnny Rockets restaurant.

That would be The Great Escape Lodge. We stayed there a couple years ago, nice place. The water park isn't all that big but it can keep you amused for a couple hours. It isn't "in" Lake George but a little south of the main village so you'd have to drive between the hotel and village all the time. I can recommend the ice cream place next to the lodge though, Martha's ice cream is awesome and the cones are huge for a good price.

I live about 25 min away from LG and would be around to help with any ???
Tips
-watch where you park-tickets will be issued for expired meters.
-the Log Jam looks great but isn't
-best onion rings are at Johnny Rockets(across from great Escape)
-Great Escape is fabulous on a sunny day.Walk through the main park and enjoy the water park all day!I did it last week and didn't want to leave!
-get your tickets in advance for the Lake George steamboats!They sell out!
-there is a super Walmart open 24hrs on Rt9
-there is our favorite thing in the world(a drive in!!!)on Rt 9.Start around 8:45
-the outlets are okay but not great!Best are Yankee Candle,Timberland,Bass,Gymboree and Oneida
-loads of mini golfs!!!!!Have fun!
-go tubing!
-if you are after a fancy meal drive north along Rt9 to the sagamore(featured last week on the today show!!)
-there is a new adventure place in Bolton Landing that is supposed to be awesome-ziplines and such!Also was on the Today show!
If you have any ?? feel free to email me!Have fun!
Lisa

That would be The Great Escape Lodge. We stayed there a couple years ago, nice place. The water park isn't all that big but it can keep you amused for a couple hours. It isn't "in" Lake George but a little south of the main village so you'd have to drive between the hotel and village all the time. I can recommend the ice cream place next to the lodge though, Martha's ice cream is awesome and the cones are huge for a good price.

Oh yes!!! Love Martha's. We have to go there every time we visit my sister. Yummy!

Can you recommend a good lunch/dinner cruise? We want to go on one, but only if the food is good. Otherwise, we'll just do the cruise and eat somewhere else. We're going there on Monday. Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge the steamboats are only run by one company so you have to take what you can get.Try to buy tickets early because they do sell out.I hosnestly am not sure how the food is, it's been a few years since we have been on the steamboats.Sorry.I do know the experience is the best part.
Oh yes!!! Love Martha's. We have to go there every time we visit my sister. Yummy!
Martha's rocks! Six flags bought them out for a few years and it was still good, but not great.Last summer the original owners bought it back and it's back to the great place we all love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter