• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family restaurants in Downtown Disney?

Princess Mommy

Mouseketeer
On our next trip we are planning to take the girls to see La Nouba & was hoping to eat before the show (we'd see the 6pm show). Can anyone suggest a restaurant on the West side, Marketplace or even the Boardwalk area ( we are staying at the BC) where we can make an ADR for around 4:30 that we would all enjoy?
Thanks! :earsgirl:

The Rainforest Cafe is a nice place. The atmosphere makes it worth the cost, although I thought the food was great too!!! :tongue:

On that end of Downtown Disney there is a Hard Rock Cafe.... I don't know how old your girls are, but the Hard Rock is a chain so you'll know what you are getting.... (which may or may not be a good thing). The Rainforest Cafe seems to be really popular with families with children, but it is clearly on the opposite side. However, you can take a water shuttle from the dock beside the rainforest cafe right to the other side I believe. You may want to check into that. Down at the other end there is also a Cuban restaurant as well as the House of Blues........

Rainforest Cafe is decent food, cool atmosphere, and kind of pricey. It is also not a close walk to La Nouba.

I went to La Nouba this summer. We ate at Bongos (Gloria Estefan affiliated Cuban restaurant), it was pretty good and very close. We also ate one day at Wolfgang Puck's, and most kids enjoy pizza (who am I kidding, so do I!). Check out the menus on allearsnet.com

Both are really close to La Nouba, and you don't want to be late, the tix are too expensive to miss anything ;)

Alexa19 said:
On that end of Downtown Disney there is a Hard Rock Cafe.... I don't know how old your girls are, but the Hard Rock is a chain so you'll know what you are getting.... (which may or may not be a good thing).

I think you're thinking of Planet Hollywood which is on that side by the theatre. Hard Rock is at Universal (I think)

On that end we've eaten at Wolfgang Puck which was very nice and like the previous poster mentioned, yummy pizza. Also, there the new Irish restuarant Raglan Road. It has "mostly" good reviews. We'll be eating there in April, so I can't vouch for the food right now, but I'm anxious to try it. It's in Pleasure Island.

I just purchased tickets for the 6:00 show and was told to arrive 45 minutes early. I had actually read to get there at least 30 minutes early. So, if you need to be there by 5:30, I think your 4:30 ADR is too late. We are going to eat at Wolfgang Puck's after the show. Good luck.

:scared1: HRC at WDW???? It cant be... Next Scooby Doo will be signing autographs with Blus Clues outside Cindy's castle :rotfl: :rotfl2:

We saw the 9:00 show on Christmas eve. Entering and leaving the theater took a longer time than I expected, there is also a preshow starts about 15 minutes before circus. You definately don't want to cut it to close to showtime.

We ate at Portobello Yacht Club before the show and walked over. It was a decent walk but the food was well worth it. Maybe have a late lunch before circus and then go to a dinner at your leisure afterwards. You'll have plenty to talk about at dinner. We loved the show! Still talking about it!

I'd eat at Wolfgang Puck's before the show. It's steps away from La Nouba and one of the best at DTD.

I agree with 3princesses4us. About the only way to not cut it too close is to eat Wofgang Puck's. They're probably the fastest and best with the kids down on that end. What we're doing is eating after the 6:00 show, made and 8:00 ADR at Raglin Road. It'll be a late dinner for the kids but almost every night is late at WDW.

Thank you so much for the replies! :)
How long is La Nouba? I am afraid to wait until it is over to eat because the girls will only be 6 and nearly 4 years old- they'll be a mess to try and sit for dinner. Maybe we should try a late lunch & then hit Beaches and Cream for ice cream before bed ;)
So now the debate between Portobello, Wolfgang Puck's, or the Rainforest Cafe (I don't think the girls will eat at Raglan Road or Bongo's) starts! :cutie:

Hard Rock is at Universal City Walk

OP... Yes sounds like a late lunch is in order to make it in plenty of time. We love Rainforest Cafe and Fulton's Crab house.

In November Ate at Raglan Road....It was very very VERY good... Service was good, Guinness was good...food was good :)....and was on the meal plan too!

NO HARD ROCK at Downtown Disney it is over at US as we stayed there a few years ago...anyway they do have RAINFOREST CAFE which is a blast and PLANET HOLLYWOOD (very similiar to HRC) and right next store to La Nouba is HOUSE OF BLUES, but check their menu as it tends to be cajun and creole cooking (if you like that) :flower:
and just for the record LA NOUBA is F A B U L O U S. We see it every year and LOVE IT SO. You will be in AWE the entire time. We actually were running so late the last time my fam just ran into McDonald's right there and grabbed burgers. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Princess Mommy, I think with the kids this age you're right the best bet would be a late lunch, maybe around 4:00. The kids love Rainforest Cafe, I'm not a big fan, but we do it for the kids. The only problem is that it's about as far away from Cirque as you can get. If you don't want to walk grab the bus at DTD and get off at the next stop whaich is Westside. The show lasts about 90 mins. +/- 10 mins.

I think you have to call them directly and make a reservation, or that is the one at AK. I think one takes reservations and the other does not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter