Family Pictures

divabydisney

Mouseketeer
I'm set to cruise for the very first time this October. The question I have is are there any services/people who will do a private photo shoot? I am a single mom to 2 boys and I never get a family picture with them since I'm always the one behind the camera. I know they have people come around and take random shots that you have to pay an arm/leg for but was wanting something more personal that would take time. I thought about asking someone to take some with my camera but think that is a little overdoing it and don't want to take time away from someone else on vacation.

Just like at the parks, the castmembers onboard are always willing to take your picture. If you are on the week long cruises you can also get the posed pictures taken during formal night with various backgrounds or with the captain. They are beautiful but expensive. They also take a picture of your family as you board the ship but again this is one of the pictures you can buy from Shutters. As for asking someone else to take your picture, I always offer to take pictures of other people as I know what it is like to get home and find out you aren't in any pictures because you were the one taking them all the time. Have a great vacation.

i am the one always taking family pictures. however, one time
while we were taking pictures in the hobby, the actor peter
pan saw us & took several pictures for us. this was the 08
pc cruise.

[ many of the characters like to mix & mingle especially in the atrium.
also they liked to relax late in the adult areas. ]

in general, i think most would be happy to help you out.

If you have the $, the photographers do set up for professional photographs at night on the Dream. This is in addition to the character pictures. I believe you can choose your background. Just remember to bring coordinating clothes.;)

I did a 7 Night Jan '10. On formal night they had a professional photographer there. There was a line but there was not extra charge. I did have to threaten to keep my kids out of the Oceaneers Club/Lab to get them to sit still. The photographer took 5-6 pics and we were able to buy them at shutters.

When we were on the 4-night Dream cruise on 3/27, they had photographers set up the first three nights. They have "lifestyle" portraits you can take with a white background and on Dress-up night (the second night for us) they have more formal backgrounds. I made my family do one night of lifestyle portraits with a more casual look and one night in our dressy attire. I loved our lifestyle pictures, they turned out great. We now have a nice family picture for the Christmas card:cool1:

I am sure you will have opportunities to take family pictures while on board. One tip is to get there right before the sessions start and then you won't have much of a wait.

The nice thing about the lifestyle portraits is they take several photos, and in several different poses. You will most likely find at least one or two you like from this series of shots. :)

Just got off the Wonder 10-night MR. Every night they had professional photographers set up in the atrium. They always had 'Lifestyle" which is the plain white backdrop and then every night they had other different backdrops to choose from.

We did our family photos there. The 8x10 photos are $20 or you can purchase a package either $150 for 20 credits (10 8x10s) or $299 for 50 credits. There are no sitting fees.

The photographers take their time with you and give you a good 10 minutes of photos. Changing poses and you can swap in and out people. You can bring outfits and do pictures every night and then choose what you like best.

We also did pictures on our cruise in 2009. My sisters family was also on the cruise so we were able to get a picture with just the kids that we then gave to Gramma. It turned out great.:cutie:

I am so excited now. :cool1: Taking coordinating nice formal clothes. This just made my night!! It's the small things that really get me. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter