family photographer at WDW?

lavatea

Earning My Ears
I have our family pictures made every odd year, and next year we will be at WDW (at least that's the plan) so I thought it might be cool to have our family pictures done there.

Is this allowed by Disney? Does anyone have links to a good family photographer that specializes in shoots at WDW? I was thinking that maybe Disney wouldn't allow it IN the parks, but maybe outside and around? (Like DTD?)

Disney is very strict about unsanctioned professional photography pretty much anywhere on their property. It's not just limited to the parks. A few years ago there was a photo blogger that wrote about being trespassed from DTD after refusing to provide ID to security after they thought he was taking photos for commercial purposes.

Disney is very strict about unsanctioned professional photography pretty much anywhere on their property. It's not just limited to the parks. A few years ago there was a photo blogger that wrote about being trespassed from DTD after refusing to provide ID to security after they thought he was taking photos for commercial purposes.

Thanks for the answer, my wife and I were just talking about this the other night and if it was allowed.

Do you know if there is an exception if you are getting married in one of the parks? Do you have to use their staff?

I believe you would have to use one of their pro photographers booked through Disney.

I got married there 11yrs ago and we used an outsider for are photos. I don't know if that has changed.

We've had professional photos taken in the parks and elsewhere on property. We didn't flaunt it what we were doing and the only issue was when the photographer posted the pics from the parks on his site, Disney just told him to take them down. He removed them immediately and never heard anything else.

I got married there 11yrs ago and we used an outsider for are photos. I don't know if that has changed.
I did a little more digging on the subject. I found this page from April 2013 that stated that Disney had just changed their policy that had been in place for the prior 5-years that required that you their pro photo service for weddings. The policy was changed to allow you to use a photographer of your own choosing, but details about the photographer must be given to Disney in advance, they have to agree to abide by Disney's photo rules, you must be accompanied by a WDW "guide", and (of course) pay Disney an hourly fee.

So, unless things have changed again, it appears that outside pro photographer sessions ARE allowed on property, assuming that you set it up with Disney in advance, agree to play by their rules, be monitored, and give them cut of the money. You can try to set up a "bootleg" photo session if you want and try not to draw attention to yourself, but if there's one thing that sets WDW off, it's other people making money on their property without them getting a piece of the action.

Also, if you want to see how WDW Security can react to an unannounced "pro" photographer in their midst, here's the thread about the guy that was questioned while taking photos with "pro" equipment at DTD.

I think that would put any session out of my modest budget. Maybe a beach session instead. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter