• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family of the cruise

Kathybeattie

Earning My Ears
We just got off the Disney Fantasy and on our 2nd night we received a gift and a letter stating congratulations that we were Disney's family of the cruise. We got "VIP" gifts/food each night with notes as well. Does anyone know how many families get this? Or how they choose? This was our 3rd cruise, but have not had this before. Thanks.

We had that honor a few years back on the Wonder. It was great! We might still have a few dollars on the Arcade card...:confused3 Last we knew there were 2 families randomly selected, in which they give you the goodies and beach packages, and such. We have been on probably 8 times since then. Hitting another cruise tomorrow on the Dream! :cool1:

Did you guys wear matching t-shirts. I suspect thats how we got selected. My actual name is LaTonya but all of the correspondings had Tonya on them which is what I had on my shirt.

We were chosen family of the day and got to go through the "ears" first and they introduced us to EVERYONE in the terminal...it was neat..and yes we all had on matching outfits :)

Each department on the ships select their own families of the cruise. 2 years ago, we were dealing with losing my mom to her battle against ovarian cancer, and my dad was fighting lymphoma. We booked a getaway to escape. We were selected as the Guest Services family of the cruise. We got letters in our stateroom each night, extra goodies delivered, and the Castaway Cay escape package. I suspect it's because I emailed DCL ahead of time asking for a little extra pixie dust for our DD, age 5 at the time. All I had wished for was an autographed picture or something. Probably one of the most magical cruises at such a hard time.

We got it on our first cruise this summer from the room service dept., completely at random. It's possible two cute and young kids helped, but we didn't have matching t-shirts or do anything special. It was totally random, a complete surprise and an awesome thing that Disney does.

We just got back from a cruise on the Wonder. We were selected by the room service team as "family of the cruise". The only thing that we did that may have stood out is we had several personalized magnets on the front of our stateroom door. This was our first cruise with DD 13, DD11, DD10. They were really excited to get the special treats everyday!

Some CMs are allowed to choose families to dote on during a cruise. This is different from being the "Family of the Day" that gets to board first. We were a CM's "family" on our very first cruise (2-night Cruise to Nowhere). She had snacks delivered to our stateroom, along with a plush Minnie Mouse for DD. I can only imagine how wonderful it would be a longer cruise. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter