Family of 7 -best resort?

Cameo

DIS Veteran
Doing some research for a friend. Family of 7, ages 8 to 24 for kids. Would it be best to send them to All Stars or POFQ and try to get adjoining rooms? Or, one of the villa options? I'm guessing they are on a tight budget considering what tickets and food will cost for the whole bunch. They are going in mid-May (yes in a few weeks) and have just now started planning. EEK!

Doing some research for a friend. Family of 7, ages 8 to 24 for kids. Would it be best to send them to All Stars or POFQ and try to get adjoining rooms? Or, one of the villa options? I'm guessing they are on a tight budget considering what tickets and food will cost for the whole bunch. They are going in mid-May (yes in a few weeks) and have just now started planning. EEK!
How tight is their budget?

2 value rooms would be the cheapest onsite option.

Offsite, they could rent a house or stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can look on ebay right now to see if someone is selling a Bonnet Creek reservation that would work. This would give them more a lot more space and a full kitchen, but they would need a van if they aren't driving to Disney.

For a short trip of a couple days, I would lean toward staying in the values. If it is a longer trip I would lean toward the space an comfort of a off-site place. They would likely save money on food by having a place with a full kitchen to make breakfast and a few meals.

It all depends on whether or not they want the dining plan.

If they want to use the dining plan, then I would say the best bet for a group of that size is 2 connecting rooms at POP Century.

If not, then a offsite villa would be best, but then they have to figure in the cost of parking ($14/day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter