Family of 6

stitches4kids

Earning My Ears
Trying to figure out the cheapest place to stay for 2 adults and 4 kids ages 8,11,11,12... 2 value rooms, family suite ??? Any suggestions???

2 value rooms would give you the most space (4 beds vs. 3), but the suites at Art of Animation are awesome!

Trying to figure out the cheapest place to stay for 2 adults and 4 kids ages 8,11,11,12... 2 value rooms, family suite ??? Any suggestions???
2 values is cheapest. I would suggest reading about Wyndham Bonnet Creek in the Orlando Hotels and Attractions Board as well.

2 rooms and request a connecting room as well. We did it on our last stay. For families with "minors" I believe they will guarantee a connecting room.

I agree with everyone that said two rooms at a value resort. We have done it many times- this arrangement is a better value than a suite and we have always been able to get adjacent or connecting rooms.

-Jim

I would price out:

2 value rooms

FW Cabin

Swan/Dolphin

Renting DVC points

Rooms off site

Best of luck. I'm sure you will find the perfect match.

We are a family of 6 too. We are also doing two rooms. It was cheaper and in my opinion, offers more space and more "real" beds!

Call Disney directly to make your reservation. You will have two rooms booked under one reservation number. This means you will only need to make one $200 deposit instead of a deposit for each room. Also, the rooms will be "guaranteed connecting". Note: I've been cautioned many times on this board that that isn't truly a guarantee... But we've never had a problem doing this.

We stay in 2 rooms. The kids love having their "own" room, with connecting door. We have stayed offsite as well and we enjoyed the space, but the free dining offer is a great deal for our family.

We had a house booked for this Christmas, but changed to 2 rooms at the CSR when the free dining offer was released. We considered a cabin, but after doing a lot of research decided that it was probably too spread out for us for this trip.

2 rooms and request a connecting room as well. We did it on our last stay. For families with "minors" I believe they will guarantee a connecting room.

Connecting rooms are never guaranteed 100%. They try to give them out when asked for, but sometimes they have more requests then they have connecting rooms. People need to realize that when they book asking for connecting rooms there is a small chance of not getting them. Out of many times requesting connecting rooms we have been denied them one time. So while the odds are good you will get them, it is not guaranteed.

Also, my Dinsey TA cautioned me to stay away from the Music resort when I want connecting rooms. They used many of them to make their Family Suites, so they have fewer of them to go around than the other value resorts. The Contemporary resort too is limited on their number of connecting rooms.

Connecting rooms are never guaranteed 100%. They try to give them out when asked for, but sometimes they have more requests then they have connecting rooms. People need to realize that when they book asking for connecting rooms there is a small chance of not getting them. Out of many times requesting connecting rooms we have been denied them one time. So while the odds are good you will get them, it is not guaranteed.

Also, my Dinsey TA cautioned me to stay away from the Music resort when I want connecting rooms. They used many of them to make their Family Suites, so they have fewer of them to go around than the other value resorts. The Contemporary resort too is limited on their number of connecting rooms.

This exactly.

We are also a family of six. We used to do two rooms at POR..always requested connecting rooms, luckily always got them. It's tough with this size family, isn't it?!

We ended up buying into DVC in 2008. We knew we'd want to keep coming back, and the kids weren't getting any smaller! We started with a small contract, and have added on twice since then.

Our oldest daughters are headed off to college in a couple of weeks, right after we get back from Kidani. (we leave tomorrow!) This has been very worth the investment. Our girls know that if they're looking for somewhere to go for Spring Break, the DVC is there for them. ( and our peace of mind. They know how to get around WDW.. no driving, etc.)

I know you're probably not ready for that decision yet, but consider renting points to see what a DVC villa is like. It's the best decision we've ever made. :)

This, this, THIS!!!!

I have seen too many times on these boards where people come back and say they did not get their "guaranteed" connecting rooms. They are NOT guaranteed, no matter what the confirmation says. If you read all the fine print you will see that all you a guaranteed is a room on Disney property. They try their best but things can happen!

If it is 100% imperative for everyone to be in the same room or to be connected, then you need to book a suite. If you can live with being separated, then go ahead with 2 rooms.

We are 5 people and just booked a wilderness cabin that sleeps 6 for the last week of sept. $213 a night

We had a family of six (though admittedly it was extended family of five adults and a child). And as much as we wanted to stay in the Disney bubble, renting a townhouse in the gated community of Windsor Hills ended up being the right choice. There were three bedrooms, space for everyone to spread out and not be on top of one another and even a pool in the back yard.

Trust me, I tried to make the Disney math work but it was going to be really expensive and the rental house cost about $700 for the entire week.

Good luck with your decision! :goodvibes

I don't know whether you're aware but there is a website that lists hotels available to families of 5 or more in one room, suite or connecting rooms. Room for 5 (just google Room For 5) may list something that you didn't know about, just a thought:)

maxiesmom said:
The Contemporary resort too is limited on their number of connecting rooms.

Every room I've ever stayed in the CR has had a connecting door to the room next door. I've stayed in 8 different rooms, "lucky" I guess.

Try for one of the suites at Music, they are only a little more expensive than two connecting (or not) rooms.

We booked a family suite at ASMusic through Expedia and are paying $160 per night. We didn't use the name your price just booked from what they had listed. We have four kids so as long as the oldest is still going we will be using all of the sleeping space. My kids aren't too particular about real beds vs fold out sofas. They will just be happy they are at Disney. I also like knowing we will have the kitchenette available so we may be able to save some days by having breakfast in the room and possibly lunches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter