Family of 6: Tampa-area hotel near beach?

Seabean

Mouseketeer
We want to take a detour over to the Tampa/St-Pete/Clearwater area for a few days. We're a party of 6 (which is why we now stay in a big deluxe room at the BWI) 2 parents and 4 kids under 15.

I'm clueless about the Tampa-west coast FL area. What town and hotel could anyone recommend that fits a family of 6 (mostly kids) in a room and has quick access to the beach? (beachfront would probably be best) All we really intend to do is just pool and beach. Thanks.

Hey Seabean, I live right in that ball park and i couldn't recommend the Trade winds Island Resort enough. one of the nicest hotels you can find on the beach with an abundance of family entertainment and dining. very similar to a Disney resort! worth checking out. hope you enjoy your vacation and hope this helped! :D

Thanks Cameron! I'm trying to familiarize myself with the southern towns of Pinellas County.... like Madiera Beach, Treasure Island, and St Pete's beach. Is this the general area your recommending?

Any of those towns specifically? Or any others near there?

If you're looking for beaches i'd recommend St.pete or Clearwater (or even Fort Desoto if you're looking to camp). if you're looking more for the City Tampa has some great hotels too. Seminole/Largo area is a great place to go if you want a "in between" it's really all your preference :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter