Family of 6 in early stages for 2012!!!!

nitnat

Earning My Ears
Ok, I know it's a way off, but really want to get some ground work/idea's underway for our trip in 2012!

We are a family of 6: 2 adults and 4 children aged 13,9,7 and 3(virtually 4) at the time of travel.

With regards to hotels, I can see that not many will accomodate us, but ideally would prefer a hotel, as opposed to a house as do not want to feel like I am at home! and also I would like somewhere that you get a breakfast thrown in too....can anyone recomend a hotel at all?

I have heard that International drive is the best place to stay? for the ease of getting out and about for meals etc?

At the moment(as I know this could change) who is offering the best deals?

HOW SOON CAN WE BOOK!!!! How far in advance are you able to get booked up??

Thanks in advance, I have 1001 questions but feel the basics may do for tonight!!!

Thanks in advance, I am sure I will get to know you all very well over the coming years of anticipation!!

Nat

hello from just down the road;)
we are a family of 5, and it is hard to find suitable hotel accomodation, have you considered staying on site at one of the 2 bed dvc resorts, like saratoga springs or old key west? that would give you accomodation for up to 8?
there are some amazing deals around for next year (42% of rack rate and free disney dining. but not sure when you ll be able to book for 2012...
staying on site is amazing with small kids, although im sure alot of people will come along and say "off site";) thats the great thing here, everyone has different opinions and experinces - but very friendly!
if its your 1st trip i would say hang around here alot, find out whats what, dont try and do it all, and enjoy the planning as much as the holiday!
oh, and from personal experince, book at character meal as early as you can in the holiday, get the autographs and photos done, and then you wont have the kids wanting to queue and waste time in the parks..
hth
tracy

Hi, we are a family of 5 and last year we stayed in a log cabin at Disneys fort wilderness campground. They sleep 6 and there is a seperate bedroom and living room with a small kitchen. You said you didn't want a house but here you get full maid service daily. We never cooked in our kitchen but did have breakfast in it somedays. We got free dining last year and if you time your trip right there is a chance that free dining will be offered. We are going next october and have free dining for that.
Onsite there are also the options of staying in a 2 bed villa or the family suite at the all star resorts.
I don't know about off site options as we have only ever stayed onsite.

Happy planning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter