Family of 5

Rodnegg

Earning My Ears
We are in the beginning stage of planning a trip to WDW, and we are a family of five, dh, myself, dd11, dd10, & ds8. Do any of the value resorts sleep 5? I must be overlooking something, because I only find the suites sleeping more than 4. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Carol

Value resorts have a limit of 4. Port Orleans Riverside can book 5 to a room. Good Luck!

You can also do two rooms at the value resorts or stay at the Fort Wilderness Cabins.

Unfortuneatly, values cannot accomodate 5 unless the 5th person is a child under 3 in a pak-n-play crib - and that would be very tight.

You're options for 5 are POR in the AB section - they offer a trundle bed for the 5th person for a little extra per night - I think $15 or so??

You could also do 2 rooms at a value and they will guarantee them to be connecting since you have small children - you get 2 bathrooms and 4 beds this way.

OR

you can do the Jr.suite at CSR in the moderates they accommodate 6 I believe.

OR

FW cabins will accomodate 6 with a bdrm that has a queen bed and a set of bunk beds, and a murphy bed in the living room. These also have a full kitchen which could help you save on meals if you're willing to do some cooking. If you get a discount code I've seen the cabins for as little as $144 per night for value season.

OR

WL has a Jr.suite which will accomodate 6 - you'd be going up a notch to the deluxe resort but it the least expensive of the deluxes and you may be able to get a decent rate with a discount code.

OR

Any the deluxes will accomodate 5 with 2 queen beds and a daybed. Although, this option could cost more than getting 2 connecting rooms at a value and you'd only get 1 bathroom.

OR

You can do a 2bdrm villa at any of the DVC resorts - the least expensive way to do this would be to rent points from a member but either way, you're getting into the "pricey" catagory to do so.

OR

a suite at any of the deluxes will of course be able to accomodate you but then "pricey" takes on a whole life of it's own IMO:rolleyes:

Anyway, these are your options -- personnally, I think I'd either get the 2 rooms at a value or the AB section at POR with a trundle depending on which turns out to be less expensive if budget is a factor in your decision. If on the other hand $$ isn't as much a factor, I'd rent the points for a stay in a DVC villa.

HTH's:wave:

Thanks so much for all the terrific advice. I going to go through each option and decide which works best for us.
Thanks again,
Carol

If you aren't determined to stay on-site, there are many beautiful condos in the area that give you lots of room to spread out for less money. There are six of us, so we have stayed in several of them.

I would prefer to be on-site, but the "home away from home" resorts are way outside our budget. We stay in 2 or 3-br condos for $700 - $1200 for seven nights. The full kitchens, extra bathrooms, and multiple TVs (to keep the various kids happy) make it well worth driving to the parks each day.

JMHO.

Sheila

I think Port Orleans Riverside is nice we stayed there when we were a family of five and it was fine.

We've done POR with the trundle and just tried 2 rooms at POP. Honestly, now that I've done two rooms, it will be hard to go back to one (moderate or deluxe!). We loved the second bath and being able to to put the kids to bed and stay up later. I think 2 rooms at a a value are cheaper than any of the on-site suites. It may be comparable to cabins with a code, but cabins may still be a bit more (one bath at cabins, but you get a kitchen). Sounds like off-site suites are more in line with 2 value rooms, but I love the Disney transportation.

good luck!!

We are a family of 6 and we have a FW cabin booked for our Jan trip. I've never stayed there before but decided on it after reading lots of threads on the Camping site here at DISboards.

I got our cabin for $144 a night with the discount. That's not too bad considering we have a full kitchen so we'll be eating all of our breakfasts there before we leave for the parks. Another good thing is that we can park our car right outside the cabin. That will be perfect for us if we drive to the parks.

HTH

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter