Family of 5

kajack

Earning My Ears
It is difficult being a family of 5. I'm not sure what we should do. Right now we are booked at AoA Nemo Suites with a 15% ro pin code. I am hoping for something better. If we get dining I would want to upgrade from Quick serve. For the stay/play/dine would it be better to upgrade to a mod?

I'm not the best one to answer, but it might help others if you can tell the ages of the kids?
If one or more of them is a "Disney adult", then - if I'm understanding this promo correctly - upgrade to mod would probably make sense.
Actually, anything that gets you out of that 15% discount and into the mod discount will probably help. I'm going to guess that when you get a quote, you'll be upgrading because AoA won't make sense anymore. Just had to jump in because I've been playing with a spreadsheet half the afternoon when I should be working, trying to make the numbers work for me. :-) Some of the unconfirmed speculation I've read has suggested that if you upgrade from QSDP to DP, you're going to have to add in the normal cost difference of the upgrade. Doing that will probably make up for the value -> mod upgrade, especially since you'll get a higher percent off the room.

Our group of 5 was almost $1000 more in a AoA suite - as much as we wanted to stay there, it's just doesn't make sense.

We switched over to POR - there wasn't a single discount that I went through that beat the moderate prices even with upgrading the dp to dxdp both ways. The AoA suite is more expensive, with less of a discount versus POR which typically gets a higher discount being a mod and is less expensive per night.

my kids are just turring 10,7, 5. I am thinking of not getting dinning because my daughter will just turn 10 2 weeks before we go. She does not need adult menu. Can I still order for her off the child's menu if we don't get the dinning plan?

Our group of 5 was almost $1000 more in a AoA suite - as much as we wanted to stay there, it's just doesn't make sense.

We switched over to POR - there wasn't a single discount that I went through that beat the moderate prices even with upgrading the dp to dxdp both ways.

Does POR have enough room for a family of 5?

Does POR have enough room for a family of 5?

POR is the only mod with rooms that can hold 5. They come with a Murphy bed.

OP - if you get free dining at a moderate you wouldn't be paying for the 10 year old anyway. If you're paying out of pocket, you can order whatever you want. If she wants something from the child's menu that's no big deal.

I'm also fairly confident that she could do the same on the adult DP since it's kind of a downgrade to order off the children's menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter