Family of 5

jmcdc

Mouseketeer
We have adopted a 17yo into our family; and of course she is going with us on our next trip. We love POP but now that there are 5 of us we are not sure what to do. We are trying to decide between two connecting rooms at POP and one at Port Orleans Riverside. The two rooms is not much more than the one at the Riverside.

Are there any larger families out there that can offer advice.

Thanks!

We are a family of 6 which definitely puts us into the 2 room category. We just stayed at POFQ in October. I personally think 2 rooms at the POP would be a better option. More beds, 1 more bathroom and more space makes for a happier family. Also, 4 beds instead of 3 is a definite plus. Putting 5 into a POR room is doable but might be a bit too tight.

There are five of us me, DH, and DD 15, DD 13, and DS 13. I would do a long weekend at POR maybe two or three nights at the most. It is really tight in there with the trundle. The POP is a really nice hotel.

My only other suggestion for you would be the Fort Wilderness cabins. They are a little more but you get a full kitchen. There is still only one bathroom but a lot more room and you get a really big patio with a grill and picinic table. :)

If you really love POP, than I would go with the 2 rooms. We've stayed at POR many times with our family of 5 and we LOVE it there but as our family has gotten older it has gotten to be too tight to stay more than a couple of nights. I think the 2 bathrooms would come in very handy and having real beds and not just a trundle would be better. We do really love POR; the pool is amazing, the beautiful grounds , and the boat to DD. I think practically speaking though that it would be very tight for your family for a whole vacation. Good Luck!

we stayed at POR 2 years ago with our family of 6. Me, Dh, DS 10, 8, 3 and our dd 20 mo. We had dd in a pack and play and the boys took turns on the trundle. My 10 year old was almost too big for it and he is of average height. He didnt want to sleep on it again. Sure the room was crowded but we didnt mind. It was a short stay that year, it think 3 nights. But would have been fine for us for a few more. The resort is beautiful.

2 rooms at pop you would have more space, fun resort, big food court.

1rm POR more crowded but access to hot tubs and slides at the pool. not as big of a food court, also you can go to porfq pools and take a boat to dtd.

Either way im sure you will have a great time!

We always go with the two connecting rooms and that works out great because DH and I like to turn in earlier than the kids. I am seriously considering the family suites at ASMu though. I think we will really enjoy the extra space and the kitchenette. There is a great thread about the suite at ASMu you may want to search it out.

I wouldn't do POR with 5 people because there is only one bathroom. With five people I want two baths! Also, once you pull the trundle out you have no space to move.

Thanks for the replies. We were leaning towards POP. I will have to check out the suite at ASM. Thanks again.

Two rooms at Pop sounds great.

Congrats on your new daughter!

I would for sure go with the 2 connecting rooms at POP. We stayed at POR and did not care for it at all, especially for the trundles. The other reason was I did not think POR had that "Disney" feel to it. You can't help but see that POP screams it;)

I think the 2 room option is the best, the key is having 2 baths and extra beds, however:rolleyes1 Carribean beach rooms are a little larger and can accomodate 5 people, just let them know if and when you book it:surfweb:, you might need a day bed. I just love:love: the Carribean...... grounds, Pools and transportation, walking around. Have fun....:banana:

12 time on site

don't forget, with the two rooms you also get two tvs! i know you're not in wdw to watch tv, but it's nice to let the kids zone out to their shows while the adults watch theirs (in our case it's dh and the weather!!!)

Will they really let you put 5 in a room at CBR? I thought they are strick about maximum number of 4 in many of the resorts.

Wendy

Easy choice...... 2 rooms @ POP.

4 real beds, 2 bathrooms, 2 TV's, and a parent escape zone. If you do a family suite you loose the total number of real beds and the all important escape zone. After all, you are on vacation too.

We have 5 in my family - and we've always stayed at POR Riverside. The next time we go though, we are going to do the 2 rooms at POP. As my DS's get older (7, 13 and 17), it is too tight in the one room. Plus, as everyone is saying, you get two tv's, two bathrooms, 4 beds, just more room altogether!

Hope you have fun on your trip!!

Charlie

:cool:

We got a great rate at the FW Cabins that came in cheaper than 2 rooms at POP. It also had a full kitchen which will save you money on food.:thumbsup2

We have never stayed at the Cabins how do they compare to the resorts?

They sleep six. There is a full sized bed and a set of bunk beds in the bedroom, as well as a full sized Murppy bed in the living room. Each unit also has a full kitchen. We saved alot of money on breakfast.

There are two TV's. (One in the living room and one in the bedroom) We stayed with my mom and I was concerned about it being awkward for her and my DH. The cabin allowed them each to have the privacy they needed.

I have an energetic autistic child, so a big plus for us was that our unit was our own. If he jumped or yelled, we weren't bothering our neighbors. MY DH liked that our car was parked right at our doorstep.:thumbsup2

Ft-Wilderness-Cabin-C%2325610.jpg

Ft-Wilderness-Cabin-C%232561E.jpg

Ft-Wilderness-Cabin-C%232561F.jpg

Ft-Wilderness-Cabin-C%2325627.jpg

Ft-Wilderness-Cabin-C%2325626.jpg

Ft-Wilderness-Cabin-C%232561A.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter