Family of 5 - Where is the best way to stay at the Disney property hotels?

Here are some ideas. I have no idea what your budget is so I will give you options that run the gamut.

1. All Star Music Family Suites

2. Port Orleans Riverside (you'll have to book this one with a trundle bed option as it's the only moderate that will sleep 5).

3. Fort Wilderness Cabins

4. Any of the Villas in a 1 bedroom unit (I think you can have 5 in those - if not, you will need a 2 bedroom unit).

5. The Polynesian (great transportation, huge rooms, right near the Magic Kingdom).

6. Yacht or Beach Club - close to Epcot and MGM.

The Family Suites start at $184 a night duing value season.
Most of the Disney resorts (excluding DVC) charge extra for more than 2 adults in a room.
The Family Suites do not charge extra for extra adults.
1-6 adults can stay in the Family Suites for the same et price.
The Family Suites have discounts available also so if you keep your eyes open you just may snag a great deal.

---------------------------------------------

Family Suite info:

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) in Sept. of 2006.

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed Internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

We did Port Orleans Riverside. Since MIL went with us, we booked our daughter into her room, so technically we only had "4" in our family, and we ended up in the mansions section. Of course, once we arrived, all of the kids wanted to sleep in our room, so I was really mad that I didn't do the 5 so that we would get the trundle.

Other than someone sleeping in her room (sometimes!) we were all 5 in our room, and all of our stuff too. I didn't find that it was crowded at all, and the bathroom sink/closet area was really a nice size. I guess it really depends all on the age of your kids. If you had 3 teens this wouldn't be the best option since the trundle isn't a full size twin mattress. Only having 1 bathroom and 1 TV was not really a problem for us this trip, since the kids passed out very quickly every night, and then we watched whatever, but then we went to bed early also.

The PP also mentioned the family suites. We are thinking that is what we might do next time since it has 2 bath, and a kitchenette area with a microwave, which would greatly increase your in-room food options. It accomodates 6, so technically we could have fit, but I really didn't think that it would have been cool to stick my 72 year old MIL on a sleeper sofa! The other upside to the family suite is the queen size bed in the bedroom, and 2 TV's!

If $$ really isn't an issue, there are the 3 top deluxes: GF, Poly, and CR, as well as BC/YC. The only 1 bedroom villa that accomodates 5 is the AKV, since it has the queen size sleeper sofa, and a fold out chair. Last in this would also be the Wilderness cabins, which also sleep 6.

Hope this helps!

We have 5 in my family and we booked 2 connecting rooms in POP Century. We are me and DH and DD 16, DS 13 and DD 6 and we are not 2 double bed and a trundle size family. I also liked the idea of 2 bathrooms. The suite was booked for when I am going and I think the 2 rooms are still less expensive. I hope this works for us.

Lisa

Any ideas?

If anyone is under 3, you can stay in any room with occupancy for 4.

If everyone is over 3 - lowest, going up in cost...

Port Orleans Riverside - 1 room
Value Resort - 2 rooms
All Star Music - Family Suite
Fort Wilderness Cabin
Deluxe Resort - any room for 5
1 & 2 Villas, and a few Family Suites

If anyone is under 3, you can stay in any room with occupancy for 4.

If everyone is over 3 - lowest, going up in cost...

Port Orleans Riverside - 1 room
Value Resort - 2 rooms
All Star Music - Family Suite
Fort Wilderness Cabin
Deluxe Resort - any room for 5
1 & 2 Villas, and a few Family Suites

Sorry- just thought I'd point out that the Wilderness Lodge & the Animal Kingdom Lodge only allow 4 per room. Other than that, it's all deluxes, I think.

We are trying Port Orleans RIverside and we're very excited about it - generally good reviews I think and a moderate to boot!

POR is fine for a family of 5. If your on the go like us, you
basically are at the parks or pool etc.. and using the room
to clean up and sleep.

Our last trip kids were DS 13, DS 11 and DD 7. We had the trundle
bed and it worked fine. We stayed 10 days with very little problems.

At times seems a little cramped but we managed.

Good Luck.

Next plan is 2009 and hopfully staying at the Contemporary.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I have a family of 5.

Our first trip we stayed at POR with the trundle bed. It was nice. The trundle bed is definitely for a small person (child). The room is also a bit small. The resort was nice, but very spread out.

Our next trip we stayed at AKL in a deluxe bunkbed room. It was very nice. There was more room to spread out and the kids loved being able to each have their own bed. The balcony was nice to eat breakfast on and it gave us a little space if we needed to 'get away' from one another. I also liked that it was all in one building. This was more costly than our POR room.

On our upcoming trip we will be staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. Hopefully we will enjoy it as well.

Have a great trip!

We are a family of 5. Our first trip we stayed at POR with the trundle bed. Our kids were 4,6, and 8 at the time. It was fine, but crowded. We were only at WDW for 5 days and really spent almost every waking moment in the PARKS. We did schedule time to swim at the nice pool once and took a quick dip in the quiet pool nearly every night. Other than that, and eating at the food court, we didn't really use the resort facilities. We didn't even find time to ride the boat to DTD!

Our second trip the boys were 6,9,11. We stayed at POP Century with two connecting rooms. This was perfect for us! Two rooms means FOUR beds, two tvs, two bathrooms, privacy for Mom and Dad if they wish ::yes:: and just a whole lot more space. We swam a few times and ate at the Food Court a few times. Other than that, it was a place to sleep.

Both trips we went during Value Season. Both trips were low crowds. We didn't see any large groups of kids/cheerleaders/etc at PopCentury. It was quiet when we were there. I know noise is sometimes a problem at the Value resorts.

Have a Great Trip!
Katy

Sorry- just thought I'd point out that the Wilderness Lodge & the Animal Kingdom Lodge only allow 4 per room. Other than that, it's all deluxes, I think.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't word that clearly...

I was saying... any Deluxe resort that has rooms that can accommodate 5, not... any/every Deluxe resort has rooms that accommodate 5.

There are 5 of us also, although our kids are older and we like the YC. Although our favorite is the Poly. Both are great resorts for different reasons. Although the rooms at the Poly are more comfortable for us and we love the monorail access. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter