Family of 5 visiting with family of 3, can we shuffle off one of our kids?

sarahtar

Mouseketeer
So, we have 5 in our family, and are planning our next trip with my sister, who will be a party of either 2 or 3. I know some rooms at POR will sleep 5 but if we wanted to widen our options a bit (not interested in Value resorts, and can't afford Luxury), or we're looking at maybe renting DVC points and staying in studio villas, can we move one of our kids into her room? Not to trick them or get around rules, but legitimately have that kid sleep with her family at night? Does that mess things up otherwise? We're planning to more or less meet up a few times during the days but otherwise go our own separate ways, so does having one of our kids on her reservation screw that up? Or will we be able to link his magicband to our stuff, so we can book his ADRs, FP+s, etc., with OUR family? Is there a downside to this plan that I'm not thinking of?

It shouldn't be an issue. But....because that one child will be listed on your sisters room reservation, your child's magic band will be tied to their room. The best way to do FP+s would be to link the two groups together on your MDE accounts. Just set one account up for each family. Then become 'friends' on each others accounts. I just did this with a friend of mine for next week. No relation, staying at two different resorts, with a few days overlapping. But, because we're 'friends' on MDE, we can make FP choices together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter