• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family of 5 moving from 2 rooms to 1...

We are a family of 6 . When all 6 travel its two rooms for sure . However , last summer I took the 4 boys on the dream for a 5 night cruise . We stayed in a family verandah room . One room , split bath , 4 boys aged 15 and older and mom . My boys can take a long time dressing etc but we were able to manage showers etc with little complaints or rushing . With all beds made up at night the room is a tad tight for moving around but during the day no issues . I'd rather save the money by doing one room and splurging on other cruise amenities such as cabana , spa treat and palo then pay for a second room for a bathroom . Plus it was family time and we enjoyed the time together . As they are all pretty independent due to age having all of us together for any length of time is rare ...

Always compre the cost of two rooms to the family verandah room. If you don't mind giving up the verandah, we have found two rooms to be less expensive than the family verandah room.

we have only done one cruise on disney (actually only one with the kids) and we will always do 2 rooms I think (unless the other option is waaay more cost effective). Dh likes space and saving money. It costs less for more space, he's all about it. On other lines, we almost always get a balcony, because without having the kids, it is way more affordable and useful.

Gotta have a verandah .. That's non negotiable .. We have coffee in morning , drinks before dinner and a quiet refuge on busy on deck sea days

When we cruised before we had 2 rooms for family of 5, but for our next fantasy cruise i booked cat V. I'm afraid of missing the extra space, but excited for the perks.

Aren't the Cat V's the EXACT same 29 SqFt size as the 04x "Family" cabins? The only difference is the concierge service, right?

Aren't the Cat V's the EXACT same 29 SqFt size as the 04x "Family" cabins? The only difference is the concierge service, right?

No, the Cat 4's are 299 sq ft, the Cat V is 304sq ft...so only a 5 sq ft difference. However the OP was talking about moving from TWO Cat 4/5's to ONE Cat V (in order to experience Concierge)...so a significant difference in space.

I still say, go for it! ;)

sorry, i'm a little new to the Disney cruise, but stumbled on this thread, and we are a family of 5. We currently have booked a family suite with verandah, but I'm concerned about having only one bathroom. It is DH & 3 boys, so I'm the only girl, but we always book two rooms or a suite so we can have the two bathrooms. However, the price was a little more than I wanted to splurge. What all do you get with concierge? I'm unfamiliar with this!

We are a family of 6 . When all 6 travel its two rooms for sure . However , last summer I took the 4 boys on the dream for a 5 night cruise . We stayed in a family verandah room . One room , split bath , 4 boys aged 15 and older and mom . My boys can take a long time dressing etc but we were able to manage showers etc with little complaints or rushing . With all beds made up at night the room is a tad tight for moving around but during the day no issues . I'd rather save the money by doing one room and splurging on other cruise amenities such as cabana , spa treat and palo then pay for a second room for a bathroom . Plus it was family time and we enjoyed the time together . As they are all pretty independent due to age having all of us together for any length of time is rare ...

I LOVE this attitude! I'm packing it for our vacation :-)

It's issues like these that will cost me grandchildren...my older two insist they are not having more than 2 kids b/c it makes vacations too complicated!!!!!

LOL! Just reading this thread has made me glad to have just one child, myself! It never even crossed my mind that some families need to get TWO rooms when they go on a cruise! I don't even want to think about the expense of that! I really suspect "the economy" isn't quite as bad these days as so many people have been saying it is...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter