Family of 5 cabin type?

nvrenoughdisney

Mouseketeer
My family is thinking about planning a cruise. At the time, we will have 3 children, ages 7, 5 and 6 months. I was curious as to whether we would fit in the inside staterooms. Whenever I type in the number of guests and ages on the website it puts us in a deluxe oceanside stateroom with veranda, which is almost twice as expensive as the inside stateroom would be for four people. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I think the only stateroom that accomodates 5 people is Cat 4. And then there are the suites, Cat's 3, 2, and 1.

We are also a family of 5, so I feel your pain! Your best bet is to look at two connecting cabins -- there are a variety of these on the ship, although I can't say for sure if there are any inside connecting cabins. The nice part about two cabins is you get an extra bathroom, which can really come in handy. Be sure to book early, though, as these go fast.

On our last cruise, we had two connecting Cat 8's, and they suited us perfectly. The three kids slept in one room, and DH and I in the other. We had our privacy and a place to put our things without them being rifled through, etc. And they had their own place to keep their things, and of course their own bathroom. It really worked out great.

On our next cruise, in order to take advantage of a Kids Sail Free promotion, we had to book all of us in a Cat 4. The cost is reasonable, but I am not totally looking forward to us all being together in one room, as much as I love my wonderful family! :p

It is my understanding that the Dream has a Cat8 that sleeps 5.

ETA: found it on Disney's Website
Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom
This room offers plentiful space for a family of 3 or 5—substantially more space than a standard stateroom—and features a queen-size bed with underneath storage, convertible sofa bed, wall pull-down bed in most, split bath with round tub, and a large porthole with built-in seating.

i have gotten quotes for an Deluxe Oceanview with/out a Verandah and it is pretty reasonably priced. It would cost us more to have 2 adjoining inside state rooms. We are also a family of 5. The fact that we can get all of us in one room beats all the other cruise lines I have priced.

Other cruise lines, especially RCCL and Carnival have quite a few staterooms that will accommodate 5 or more. They just are not available for booking online.

We're a family of 5 and on the Magic we did connecting inside staterooms which ended up being less expensive than the family suite. It worked out excellent for us, as that extra bathroom came in very handy. As well, our youngest (19 months) napped in one room and our older kids (age 4 and 6) could play/eat in the adjoining room without waking the babe. Plus, we put all 3 kids to bed in the adjoining room, then DH and I could watch a movie in our room before we turned out the light.

My family of 5, although our kids are older 17, 13, and 12 now, have been sailing for the past 5 years. We have done 2 inside rooms, connecting but, most recently we have been doing one outside w/ a verandah and an inside, usually across the hall. Your children may be a little young for this but, it makes it nice to have the 2 bathrooms and also to get a verandah. It usually prices out cheaper than the family suite.
We are going to do the suite on the upcoming Dreams cruise just to try it out.
Good luck!

My family is thinking about planning a cruise. At the time, we will have 3 children, ages 7, 5 and 6 months. I was curious as to whether we would fit in the inside staterooms. Whenever I type in the number of guests and ages on the website it puts us in a deluxe oceanside stateroom with veranda, which is almost twice as expensive as the inside stateroom would be for four people. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Another option to consider if sailing with extended family is booking one of the children in a stateroom with grandparents (or whomever). If desired, they can all sleep in your room as the infant will be in a crib. I know, someone will point out lifeboat issues, etc....these can be managed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter