Family of 4 -how many pieces of luggage for land/sea?

princesspumpkin

DIS Veteran
If you were a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children under 6), how many pieces of luggage did you have doing the land/sea (3/4) WDW/DCL vacation?

Hi, just did the 3/4 with 2dgks, and my husband and myself. Each dgk had his or her own suitcase(they are from different families) and a backpack. My dh and I each had a suitcase and a carry on. Dgks took their own luggage (drug it themselves, they are 6 and 7) and back pack. Worked out well, packed too many clothes as laundry facilities were readily available at the Poly and on the Wonder, but was unsure what the weather would hold for us. The dgks each had a "pilot" size suitcase so it was easy for them to handle.

We did land/sea in July with our kids 6 and 8. If I remember correctly, we had two big suitcases, two pilot size and the kids each had their kid suitcase or backpack, I can't remember which. The kids suitcases I think mostly had books/toys for the plane ride. I think we also had a backpack on the plane with a small lunch-type cooler (DS had strep and we needed to keep his antibiotics cold). We added on a day to the land so we were 4 land/4 sea. I did do a couple of loads of laundry the night before we went on the sea portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter