• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family Name Question

Mom2OakandEm

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are going on our first Disney cruise this September and we are sooooo excited. This might be a dumb question but for those of you that have multiple last names in the room do you just go by the lead guests last name? Do you pick a cute one and go by that?

It's going to be me, my boyfriend and my two daughters and all 4 of us have different last names

I was going to sign up to do the fish extenders and it asks for family name and I realized we have 4 names :(

Thanks for any suggestions

Your Girls will get such a kick out of it! I recommend not bypassing! We usually give all last names (we usually travel with another family).

I would give them all 4 last, or all your first names. It's your cruise. Do what you think your daughters will appreciate more!

We are a family of 3 with 3 last names so I hear you! Depending on the ages of your DDs, I'd use both of their last names or Princess --- and Princess---. Now that my DD is 16 and way over it, we just head on in without the fanfare. Have a great cruise!

Hello,

We are going on our first Disney cruise this September and we are sooooo excited. This might be a dumb question but for those of you that have multiple last names in the room do you just go by the lead guests last name? Do you pick a cute one and go by that?

It's going to be me, my boyfriend and my two daughters and all 4 of us have different last names

I was going to sign up to do the fish extenders and it asks for family name and I realized we have 4 names :(

My son and I have different last names. They simply announced us by our first names.

Ok, this might be a dumb question for OP, but are you asking about the announcement when you board? Every answer seems based on that but I don't see where OP specifies that is what they are asking about.

I too inferred you meant being announced while boarding. If that is so, we always have them welcome our DD's by their first names. The announcement and applause is very exciting for the girls so I would sure suggest doing it. If you are actually referring to the room, the check in requires everyone's passport names so each KTTW card will have the actual name.

We bypass it. Just let them know we're not doing it and walk on by. No one onboard knows us and no one cares that we're onboard. So what is the point of the whole thing?

We still do it for the kids, as two of the three still get a charge out of it. Eventually, the youngest will be mortified by it, or at least indifferent, and we will hang it up.

Our cruise a few months ago we let the kids pick our name, DH & DS were the best family and DD & I were the worst family.
Kids cracked up over it and the announcer said to my son that they were great family names

I would just give them all your last names, "The Disney family would like to welcome aboard The Cruz-Smith-Johnson-Renaldo Family!"... it's NBD, people do it all the time

Hello,

Where did you find to sign up for FE? I'm still trying to figure it all out...we cruise June 10 on Fanstasy...

Where did you find to sign up for FE? I'm still trying to figure it all out...we cruise June 10 on Fanstasy...
If there's a Fish Extender group here on DIS, it would be on your cruise meet thread. That's where they are typically handled.

There may be FE groups on other sites, but they are not DISboards connected, and links to those groups are not allowed here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter