• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family Magic Tour & Teenagers?

mocame

Mouseketeer
We are looking to do some tours during this Disney trip and we were considering the Family Magic Tour. The Disney website says it is for "Kids, Tweens, Teens, Adults" but I've only seen reviews from families with younger children. Our children will be 16 and 13 when we go to Disney. Would this tour be too childish for teenagers?

I think they would probably feel out of place. It is generally geared toward families with younger kids.

We did this tour when our son was about seven and he was the oldest kid. I'd get a different tour for teens. I could see teens doing it going along with little brothers and sisters. But not being the only kids in the family.

Behind the Seeds at Epcot was good. You might check on the Wild Africa Trek. That was great, but I'm not sure of the youngest age for that. It is pricy, but great.

It's definitely not for teens. We did it years ago when our older kids were 6 and 4. This trip, we're doing it with our DS8. Our DD16 and DS14 are not joining us - they'll just go on rides or whatever in MK while we are on the tour.

Thank you for your feedback. It was very helpful. We have already decided to do the Behind the Seeds tour and the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour so your suggestions reinforces our decision to do those. We thought about the Wild Africa Trek tour but it is too pricey for us.

We did the family tour in January. My kids are 12 and 13 and they liked some of it. :) The tour guide was awesome and had my two engaged in various parts of the tour that the younger ones couldn't do. I honestly, would not do it again though.
The Behind the Seeds tour was our absolute favorite though and perfect for teens/preteens. Highly recommend that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter